RAF Type A roundel

Canadian Military Aircraft
Serial Numbers
RCAF 11701 to 11750
Detailed List

RAF Type A roundel



back to main page

back to RCAF 5 digit main page

to bottom of page


 

Designer

Manufacturer

basic designation

variant or model

name

 

company designation

company number

 

 

 

11701

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  Allocated to Canada Car & Foundry 18 to 25 July 1944 for wing modifications.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 18 April 1945.  To storage on 21 September 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, when it was stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mount Pleasant, PEI.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11702

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 16 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 18 to 25 July 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 18 April 1945.  To storage on 21 September 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mt. Pleasant, PEI.  By 26 March 1946 on the books of Material Command, still at Mt. Pleasant.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11703

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 18 to 25 July 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 18 April 1945.  To storage on 1 June 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mt. Pleasant, PEI.  By 6 March 1946 on the books of Material Command, still at Mt. Pleasant.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11704

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 21 to 28 July 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 18 April 1945.  To storage on 1 June 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mt. Pleasant, PEI.  By 6 March 1946 on the books of Material Command, still at Mt. Pleasant.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11705

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 19 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 21 to 28 July 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Still with No. 8 AOS when it suffered a Category A crash on 30 October 1944.  Ownership to No. 9 Repair Depot on 16 November 1944.  Scrapped by No. 9 Repair Depot.

 

last date: 30 November 1943 - Struck off, reduced to spares and produce

11706

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 20 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 23 to 26 September 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 18 April 1945.  To storage on 21 September 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mt. Pleasant, PEI.  By 6 March 1946 on the books of Material Command, still at Mt. Pleasant.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11707

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 21 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 29 July to 9 August 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 18 April 1945.  To storage on 21 September 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mt. Pleasant, PEI.  By 6 March 1946 on the books of Material Command, still at Mt. Pleasant.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11708

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 23 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 28 September to 9 October 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 18 April 1945.  To storage on 21 September 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mt. Pleasant, PEI.  By 6 March 1946 on the books of Material Command, still at Mt. Pleasant.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11709

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 23 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 27 November to 8 December 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  to No. 2 Air Command on 6 April 1945.  To storage on 1 October 1945.  By 8 February 1946 on the books of Material Command, stored by No. 10 Repair Depot at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Brandon, Manitoba.  Noted with 1974:00 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 14 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11710

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 25 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 6 December 1944.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command 16 January 1945.  To storage on 30 January 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Prot Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  Noted with 1231:45 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 28 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11711

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 24 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 14 to 19 August 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  to No. 2 Air Command on 6 April 1945.  To storage on 1 October 1945.  By 15 April 1946 on the books of Material Command, stored by No. 10 Repair Depot at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Brandon, Manitoba, and pending disposal.  Noted with 1974:00 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 1 October 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11712

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 25 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 6 December 1944.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command 26 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 2 March 1945, for use by No. 1 Bombing & Navigation School at Summerside, PEI.  To storage at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Summerside on 6 December 1945.  Pending disposal from early 1946, still at Summerside.  Back to Eastern Air Command on 16 July 1946, still pending disposal.  Noted with 502:50 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 27 November 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11713

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 25 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 19 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command 24 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 2 March 1945, for use by No. 1 Bombing & Navigation School at Summerside, PEI.  To storage at No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit on 21 September 1945.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, stored at Mt. Pleasant, PEI.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11714

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 26 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 21 August to 1 September 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  to No. 2 Air Command on 6 April 1945.  To storage on 1 December 1945.  By 15 April 1946 on the books of Material Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Brandon, Manitoba.

 

last date: 1 October 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11715

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 6 to 15 September 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  to No. 2 Air Command on 6 April 1945.  To storage on 1 October 1945.  By 15 April 1946 on the books of Material Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Brandon, Manitoba.

 

last date: 1 October 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11716

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 19 December 1944 to 26 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command when completed.  To Eastern Air Command on 2 March 1945, for use by No. 1 Bombing & Navigation School at Summerside, PEI.  To storage at No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit on 21 September 1945.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mt. Pleasant, PEI.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11717

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 28 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 19 December 1944.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 24 January 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  Noted with 1197:15 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11718

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 28 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 23 to 29 September 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted on 18 December 1944 as converted to wireless trainer.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  to No. 2 Air Command on 6 April 1945.  To storage on 1 October 1945.  By 8 February 1946 on the books of Material Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Brandon, Manitoba.  Noted with 1374:25 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 14 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11719

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 30 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  Category B damage at Ancienne Lorette on 24 July 1944.  To workshop reserve at No. 9 Repair Depot on 3 August 1944.  Apparently not repaired, scrapped by No. 9 Repair Depot.

 

last date: 15 September 1944 - Struck off, reduced to spares and produce

11720

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 31 August 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 26 July to 7 August 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 17 April 1945.  Stored by No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, still on the books of No. 5 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11721

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 1 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 14 to 23 June 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Noted on 11 July 1945 as converted to dual controls.  Classified as instructional airframe A455 on 9 April 1948.  Pending disposal from 2 January 1948, when it was at No. 1 Technical Training School at Aylmer, Ontario.

 

last date: 25 November 1948 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11722

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 1 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 7 to 17 June 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 3 April 1945, stored by No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, still with No. 5 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11723

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 2 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 22 May to 1 June 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Issued from storage on 13 June 1944, for use by No. 9 AOS.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To workshop reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot for repairs on 7 July 1945.  Pending disposal from 14 November 1945, still at No. 6 Repair Depot.  Noted with 1271:20 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 3 January 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11724

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 3 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 30 June to 12 July 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 27 September 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at St. Jean, PQ.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, when it was on the books of No. 8 Satellite Equipment Holding Unit.

 

last date: 25 September 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11725

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 3 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications and powered brake inspection, 21 to 27 April 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted as converted to wireless trainer on 11 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 13 April 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 8 March 1946, still with No. 4 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11726

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 4 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications and powered brake inspection, 21 to 27 April 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To storage on 20 December 1944.  Noted as converted to wireless trainer on 11 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  Noted with 935:00 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11727

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 6 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 30 June to 12 July 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mountain View, Ontario.  Allocated to War Assets Corporation on 2 January 1947, but soon returned to the RCAF.  On the books of No. 6 Repair Depot by Late 1949, still at Mountain View.  Sold to Spartan Air Services of Ottawa.

 

last date: 2 June 1954 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

11728

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 7 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 15 to 30 August 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 17 April 1945.  Stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at St. Jean, PQ.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, when it was still on the books of No. 5 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation

11729

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 7 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 14 to 23 June 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To workshop reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot for repairs, 12 April to 13 June 1945.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command when completed.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, when it was stored by No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation

11730

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 8 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 9 Repair Depot at St. Jean on 28 October 1943 for write off, following a Category A crash at Thetford Mines, PQ.

 

last date: 24 February 1944 - Struck off, reduced to spares and produce

11731

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 9 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 1 to 9 June 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Noted on 7 July 1945 as converted to dual control trainer.  Classified as Instructional Airframe A456 on 9 April 1946.  Used by No. 1 Technical Training School at Aylmer, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 15 February 1948, on the books of Central Air Command and stored at Aylmer.

 

last date: 6 April 1948 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation

11732

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 10 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To workshop reserve with No. 9 Repair Depot at St. Jean, for modifications, 24 September to 8 November 1943.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed, issued from storage on 9 March 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 23 March 1945.  Allocated to Canada Car & Foundry for modifications on 23 June 1945.  This was cancelled, then to workshop reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot on 16 July 1945.  Pending disposal from 14 November 1945, still at No. 6 Repair Depot.  Noted with 901:20 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 3 January 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation

11733

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 11 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 22 May to 1 June 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Issued from storage on 13 June 1944, back to No. 9 AOS.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Noted on 9 May 1945 as converted to dual control trainer.  To storage on 4 September 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from early 1946, still with No. 4 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation

11734

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 13 September 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 31 General Reconnaissance School at Charlottetown, PEI.  To No. 3 Training Command on 16 March 1944.  Used by No. 2 Air Navigation School at Charlottetown.  Category C damage while with this School, on 8 October 1944.  To Canada Car & Foundry for complete overhaul, 21 October 1944 to 23 March 1945.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command when completed.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Prot Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  To Canadian civil register as CF-GFG.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation

11735

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 13 September 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 31 General Reconnaissance School at Charlottetown, PEI.  To No. 3 Training Command on 16 March 1944.  No. 2 Air Navigation School at Charlottetown.  Category A crash while with this School, near Charlottetown, on 6 December 1944.  Ownership to No. 4 Repair Depot on 27 December 1944.  Scrapped on site by No. 4 Repair Depot.

 

last date: 12 February 1945 - Struck off, reduced to spares and produce

11736

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To workshop reserve at No. 9 Repair Depot on 20 November 1943.  Written off while there.  Note that Record Card currently in existence appears to be a hand written copy created in January 1947.

 

last date: 2 February 1944 - Written off

11737

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Federal Aircraft on 8 November 1943, for conversion of brake system.  Back to No. 9 AOS on 4 December 1943.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 4 to 19 August 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted as equipped with dual controls on 13 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 2 March 1945.  To No. 1 Radio Experimental Flight, No. 3 Training Command on 21 March 1945, noted as on loan to Western Hemisphere Organization from that date.  To workshop reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot on 14 September 1945.  By 8 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored by No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Picton, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 16 January 1946, still stored at Picton.

 

last date: 25 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation

11738

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications and installation of power brakes, 28 April to 10 May 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Noted on 9 May 1945 as converted to dual controls.  Classified as Instructional Airframe A457 on 9 April 1946.  Used by No. 1 Technical Training School at Aylmer, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 20 March 1948, still at Aylmer.

 

last date: 25 November 1948 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11739

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 1 Air Command on 20 December 1944, for use by No. 1 Flying Instructor School at Trenton.  Operated by Test & Development Establishment at RCAF Station Rockcliffe, Ontario, dates not known.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Noted on 21 March 1945 as converted to dual controls.  To No. 6 Repair Depot on 26 April 1945, for inspection and report on required repair work.  To storage with No. 1 Air command on 11 July 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored by No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 3 May 1946, when it was stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at Brantford, Ontario.

 

last date: 2 October 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11740

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 20 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 15 to 30 August 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 3 April 1945.  Stored by no. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, still on the books of No. 5 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11741

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 20 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry for crash repairs, 6 July 1944 to 3 January 1945.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  To civil register as CF-GRO.  With Queen Charlotte Airlines in 1951.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11742

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 21 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 7 to 23 September 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Noted on 11 July 1945 as converted to dual controls.  Classified as Instructional Airframe A458 on 9 April 1946.

 

last date: 30 October 1947 - Struck off

11743

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 29 January to 9 May 1945.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command when completed.  By 27 November 1945 pan the books of Material Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Port Albert.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11744

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry for repairs, 28 April to 25 October 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 pan the books of Material Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  To civil register as CF-GLU.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11745

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 24 October to 1 November 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Noted as converted to dual control trainer on 11 July 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945.  Stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.  Transferred to War Assets Corporation on 11 December 1946, but returned to the RCAF by January 1949, when it was on the books of No. 6 Repair Depot, still stored at Jarvis.  Pending disposal again from 19 March 1949.  Part of a batch of 36 Ansons disposed of in January 1950, with 2 going to Austin Airways, 12 to de Havilland of Canada, and 22 to Amsco Products of Hamilton as scrap.

 

last date: 11 January 1950 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11746

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 23 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 24 April to 4 May 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Noted as converted to dual control trainer on 9 May 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945.  Stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.    Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.

 

last date: 11 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11747

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 24 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observer School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 4 to 20 October 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Noted as converted to dual control trainer on 9 May 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945.  Stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.    Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.

 

last date: 11 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11748

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 September 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Moncton, NB for wing modifications, 26 to 29 April 1944.  To Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 25 April 1945.  Stored by No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11749

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 28 September 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 10 to 14 June 1944.  To Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Training Command on 14 September 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  Issued from storage on 22 January 1945.  Back to storage on 22 June 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Material Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from early 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11750

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 29 September 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 15 to 23 May 1944.  To Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 25 April 1945.  Stored by No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal


This data has come from a variety of sources, and may contain all sorts of errors. In the future, I will add a complete list of references. For now, some recent Internet references can be found at the links below.  I would welcome any corrections or additions you may have. Contact me using the link below.


To main page

to RCAF 5 digit main page

to top of this page

contact me

Canadian Military Aircraft links 

Serial Number Links

About the Author 

The Project

2012 by R. W. R. Walker      All rights reserved under the copyright laws.
This is an amateur site - please don't rely on any of this data for anything important!
Created 3 July 2012. Updated 3 July 2012.