RAF Type A roundel

Canadian Military Aircraft
Serial Numbers
RCAF 11751 to 11800
Detailed List

RAF Type A roundel


back to main page

back to RCAF 5 digit main page

to bottom of page


 

Designer

Manufacturer

basic designation

variant or model

name

 

company designation

company number

 

 

 

11751

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4121

 

 

 

 

first date: 30 September 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 18 to 20 July 1944.  To Eastern Air Command when completed.  Noted on 12 January 1945 as converted to dual controls.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 18 June 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at St. Jean, PQ.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 25 September 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11752

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4122

 

 

 

 

first date: 1 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 21 February to 23 March 1944.  To Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 18 June 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at St. Jean, PQ.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, when it was stored at No. 8 Surplus Equipment Holding Unit.

 

last date: 25 September 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11753

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4123

 

 

 

 

first date: 1 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications,3 to 6 May 1944.  To Eastern Air Command when completed.  To No. 3 Training Command on 13 September 1944, for use by No. 2 Air Navigation School at Charlottetown, PEI.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 18 July 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from March 1946, still at No. 4 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11754

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4124

 

 

 

 

first date: 2 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

Equipped with dual controls.  First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modification, 18 to 21 July 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Training Command on 27 September 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  Issued from storage on 25 January 1945, for use by No. 6 Bombing & Gunnery School at Mountain View, Ontario.  Reported minor accident at Mountain View on 5 February 1945.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946, stored at Mountain View.  To War Assets Disposal Corporation on 2 January 1947, but returned to RCAF by 1949.  Noted as stored reserve at Mountain View in 1952 and 1953, on the books of No. 6 Repair Depot.  Pending disposal again from 22 December 1953.  Sold to Field Aviation of Oshawa, Ontario.

 

last date: 18 June 1954 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

11755

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4125

 

 

 

 

first date: 3 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

Equipped with dual controls.  First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modification, 3 to 6 May 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Training Command on 27 September 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  Issued from storage on 25 January 1945, for use by No. 6 Bombing & Gunnery School at Mountain View, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946, stored at Mountain View.  To War Assets Disposal Corporation on 2 January 1947, but returned to RCAF by 1949.  Noted as stored reserve at Mountain View in 1952 and 1953, on the books of No. 6 Repair Depot.  Pending disposal again from 22 December 1953.  Sold to Field Aviation of Oshawa, Ontario.

 

last date: 18 June 1954 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

11756

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4126

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

Equipped with dual controls.  First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing reinforcement modification, 6 to 23 March 1944.  Back to No. 1 GRS when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Training Command on 27 September 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, when it was stored by No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11757

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4127

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 October 1942 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing reinforcement modification, 12 to 17 April 1944.  To storage with Eastern Air Command when completed, issued from storage on 15 June 1944.  (Dates on Record Card are conflicting.)  Crashed at sea and sank on 28 May 1944, apparently never recovered.  Ownership to No. 4 Repair Depot on 31 May 1944 for write off.

 

last date: 13 July 1944 - Written off

11758

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4128

 

 

 

 

first date: 6 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing reinforcement modification, 3 to 12 April 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command when completed.  To No. 3 Training Command on 13 September 1944, for use by No. 2 Air Navigation School at Charlottetown, PEI.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 18 July 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from March 1946, still at No. 4 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11759

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4129

 

 

 

 

first date: 6 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing reinforcement modification, 22 May to 1 June 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Training Command on 27 September 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  Issued from storage on 24 January 1945.  To No. 6 Repair Depot on 31 July 1945.

 

last date: 19 September 1945 - Written off

11760

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4130

 

 

 

 

first date: 9 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing reinforcement modification, 20 March to 1 April 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 25 April 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11761

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4131

 

 

 

 

first date: 9 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing reinforcement modification, 6 March to 1 April 1944.  Back to No. 1 GRS when completed.  To No. 3 Training Command on 14 September 1944, for use by No. 2 Air Navigation School at Charlottetown, PEI.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 18 July 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mount Hope, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, still at Mount Hope.  To War Assets Corporation on 23 December 1946, but returned to RCAF by 1949.  To No. 6 Repair Depot for cannibalization on 17 February 1953.  Pending disposal from 18 February 1953.  Sold to Amsco Products.

 

last date: 31 March 1954 - To Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

11762

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4132

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry for wing modifications, 20 March to 1 April 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 17 May 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 9 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11763

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4133

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry for wing modifications on 31 January 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command on 4 March 1944.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 18 June 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at St. Jean, PQ.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, when it was stored at No. 8 Surplus Equipment Holding Unit.

 

last date: 6 November 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11764

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4134

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry for wing modifications on 18 February 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command on 4 March 1944.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 18 June 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at St. Jean, PQ.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, when it was stored at No. 8 Surplus Equipment Holding Unit.  To civil register as CF-GOA.

 

last date: 6 November 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11765

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4135

 

 

 

 

first date: 13 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing reinforcement modifications on 6 March 1944.  Back to No. 1 GRS on 23 March 1944.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 25 April 1945.  Stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at St. Jean, PQ.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11766

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4136

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 28 December 1944 to 16 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command when completed.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946, when it was stored at Mountain View, Ontario.  Noted on 12 June 1946 as to be equipped with TIA bombsight.  (This was an American made version of the RAF Mk. XIVA sight, and was used post war on RCAF Lancasters.)  Still there in July 1946.  To No. 1 Air Command at RCAF Station Trenton on 18 February 1947, for use of the AOC (Air Officer Commanding).  Pending disposal from 1 May 1947, on the books of Central Air Command by then.  To War Assets Corporation on 15 July 1947, but returned to the RCAF shortly after.  Noted as ready reserve at Trenton on 4 March 1953.  Pending disposal from 22 December 1953, still stored at Trenton.  Sold to Field Aviation at Oshawa.

 

last date: 18 June 1954 - To Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

11767

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4137

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 28 December 1944 to 24 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command when completed.  To storage on 2 March 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11768

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4138

 

 

 

 

first date: 16 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 7 February to 6 April 1945.  To Eastern Air Command when completed, for use by No. 1 Reconnaissance and Navigation School at Summerside, PEI (the former No. 1 General Reconnaissance School after passing from the BCATP to the regular RCAF).  To storage on 21 September 1945.  Stored by Maintenance Command at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mount Pleasant, PEI, which was under the control of No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Mount Pleasant.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11769

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4139

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modification, 7 February to 6 April 1945.  To Eastern Air Command when completed, for use by No. 1 Reconnaissance and Navigation School at Summerside, PEI (the former No. 1 General Reconnaissance School after passing from the BCATP to the regular RCAF).  To storage on 21 September 1945.  Stored by Maintenance Command at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mount Pleasant, PEI, which was under the control of No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Mount Pleasant.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11770

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4140

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 23 March to 1 April 1944.  Back to No. 8 AOS when completed.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage with Maintenance Command at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit on 21 December 1945.  Pending disposal from 8 March 1946, still at No. 4 REMU.  To War Assets Corporation on 30 June 1947, but back to the RCAF by 1949.  Noted in storage at Collins Bay (Kingston aerodrome) on 20 January 1949.  To workshop reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot on 17 February 1953.  To No. 6 Repair Depot for cannibalization on 17 February 1953.  Pending disposal from 18 August 1953, still at No. 6 Repair Depot.  Sold to Amsco Products (scrap metal dealer).

 

last date: 31 March 1954 - To Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

11771

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4141

 

 

 

 

first date: 19 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

Equipped with dual controls.  First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 23 March to 1 April 1944.  Back to No. 8 AOS when completed.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.   To storage on 4 October 1945.  By 8 March 1946 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.  To War Assets Corporation on 11 December 1946, but back with the RCAF by 1949.  Pending disposal from 19 March 1949, still at Jarvis.  One of 36 Ansons sold to Austin Airways of Brantford and Amsco Products of Hamilton.

 

last date: 11 January 1950 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11772

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4142

 

 

 

 

first date: 19 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

Equipped with dual controls.  First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 28 March to 10 April 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945.  By 8 March 1946 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.  To War Assets Corporation on 17 December 1946, but back to RCAF by 1949.  To stored reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot on 21 January 1949.  Pending disposal from 19 March 1949, still stored at Jarvis.  One of 36 Ansons sold to Austin Airways of Brantford and Amsco Products of Hamilton.

 

last date: 11 January 1950 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11773

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4143

 

 

 

 

first date: 21 October 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

First assigned to No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 26 to 29 April 1944.  Back to EAC when completed.  To No. 3 Training Command on 13 September 1944, for use by No. 2 Air Navigation School at Charlottetown, PEI.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 18 July 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mount Hope, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 14 March 1946, still at Mount Hope.  To War Assets Corporation on 23 December 1946, but back with the RCAF by 1949, still at Mount Hope.  To No. 6 Repair Depot for cannibalization on 11 February 1953.  Pending disposal from 18 August 1953, stored at No. 6 Repair Depot.  Sold to Amsco Products.

 

last date: 31 March 1954 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

11774

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4144

 

 

 

 

first date: 21 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry for crash repairs on 14 January 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command on 9 June 1944.  To storage on 20 December 1944.  Noted as converted to wireless trainer by 11 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, issued from storage on this date for use by No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To storage on 22 February 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario, where it was noted with 591:00 logged time, never overhauled.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11775

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4145

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 18 to 25 July 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted as converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 18 April 1945.  To storage on 21 September 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mt. Pleasant, PEI, where it was pending disposal from 6 March 1946.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11776

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4146

 

 

 

 

first date: 23 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 28 August to 11 September 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 11 July 1945.  Pending disposal from 17 January 1946, when it was stored at Trenton.  Noted with 1423:05 total time, never overhauled, while at Trenton.

 

last date: 16 January 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11777

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4147

 

 

 

 

first date: 24 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 12 October to 1 November 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 3 April 1945.  Stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11778

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4148

 

 

 

 

first date: 25 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 22 March to 1 April 1944.  Back to No. 10 AOS when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 18 July 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mount Hope, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 14 March 1946, still at Mount Hope.  To War Assets Corporation on 23 December 1946, but back with the RCAF by 1949, still at Mount Hope.  To No. 6 Repair Depot for cannibalization on 17 February 1953.  Pending disposal from 18 August 1953, still at No. 6 Repair Depot.  Sold to Amsco Products.

 

last date: 31 March 1954 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

11779

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4149

 

 

 

 

first date: 26 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 22 March to 1 April 1944.  Back to No. 10 Air Observer School when completed.  Still with this School when it made a forced landing in a farmer's field near Hartland, NB on 30 June 1944.  Port engine failed due to loss of oil and seizure of no. 8 piston.  No other damage.  Carried code "A4" on the nose at that time.  To storage on 4 November 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario, where it was noted with 894:40 logged time, never overhauled.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11780

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4150

 

 

 

 

first date: 26 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 28 March to 6 April 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed, issued from storage on 27 April 1944.  Back to storage on 17 November 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Noted with 84:45 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  To civil register as CF-GLD.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11781

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4151

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry for wing modifications, 28 March to 6 April 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed, issued from storage on 27 April 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 28 June 1945.  Pending disposal from 5 March 1946, when it was stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Noted with 984:35 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11782

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4152

 

 

 

 

first date: 29 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 9 to 18 May 1944.  Back to No. 10 AOS when completed.  To storage on 17 November 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Noted with 952:15 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11783

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4153

 

 

 

 

first date: 30 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 9 to 18 May 1944.  Back to No. 10 AOS when completed.  To storage on 17 November 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Noted with 863:10 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11784

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4154

 

 

 

 

first date: 30 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 24 May to 2 June 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Issued from storage on 5 June 1944, back to No. 10 AOS.  To storage on 17 November 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Noted with 984:10 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11785

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4155

 

 

 

 

first date: 30 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 20 March to 1 April 1944.  To Canada Car & Foundry for crash repairs, 14 July 1944 to 3 January 1945.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  Issued from storage on 27 April 1945, noted as on loan to Western Hemisphere Organization (the operational component of the RCAF in Canada).  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946, still at No. 5 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11786

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4156

 

 

 

 

first date: 30 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 20 March to 1 November 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Category C damage at No. 2 Air Navigation School at Charlottetown, PEI on 11 March 1945.  To storage on 18 July 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mount Hope, Ontario.  To War Assets Corporation on 23 December 1946, but back to the RCAF by 1949, still at Mount Hope.  To cannibalization at No. 6 Repair Depot on 17 February 1953.  Pending disposal from 18 August 1953.  Sold to Amsco Products.

 

last date: 31 March 1954 - To Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

11787

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4157

 

 

 

 

first date: 31 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 24 May to 2 June 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Issued from storage on 5 June 1944, back to No. 10 AOS.  To storage on 11 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  Issued from storage on that date, back to No. 10 AOS.  Noted as wireless trainer on that date.  To storage again on 22 February 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Noted while in storage with 1145:65(sic) logged time, never overhauled.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11788

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4158

 

 

 

 

first date: 1 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 31 May to 8 June 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Converted to wireless trainer by 11 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 23 March 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 8 March 1946, still at Brantford.  To civil register as CF-FZW.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11789

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4159

 

 

 

 

first date: 4 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 31 May to 8 June 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Converted to wireless trainer by 11 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 23 March 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 8 March 1946, still at Brantford.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11790

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4160

 

 

 

 

first date: 4 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 12 to 14 June 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Issued from storage on 19 June 1944, for use by No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  Back to storage on 20 December 1944.  Converted to wireless trainer by 11 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 8 March 1946, still at Brantford.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11791

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4161

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 10 Air Observer School at Chatham, NB.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 12 to 14 June 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Issued from storage on 19 June 1944, back to No. 10 AOS.  Back to storage on 18 December 1944.  Converted to wireless trainer by 11 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 27 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11792

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4162

 

 

 

 

first date: 6 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 19 to 27 June 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted as wireless trainer on 11 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  to storage on 22 February 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 8 March 1946, still at Brantford.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11793

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4163

 

 

 

 

first date: 6 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 19 to 27 June 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To storage on 28 November 1944.  To No. 1 Training Command on 8 January 1945, still in storage.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Noted while in storage with 854:50 logged time, never overhauled.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  To civil register as CF-FQZ.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11794

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4164

 

 

 

 

first date: 6 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry for repairs, 30 May to 20 December 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  Stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11795

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4165

 

 

 

 

first date: 7 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 5 to 12 July 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted as converted to wireless trainer on 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage with Eastern Air Command on 18 April 1945.  Stored at No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, when it was stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Mt. Pleasant, PEI.

 

last date: 27 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11796

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4166

 

 

 

 

first date: 8 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 5 to 12 July 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Noted as converted to wireless trainer on 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To No. 2 Air Command on 6 April 1945.  To storage on 1 October 1945.  Pending disposal from 8 February 1946, when it was on the books of Maintenance Command, stored by No. 10 Repair Depot at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Brandon, Manitoba.  Noted with 1359:55 total time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 24 September 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11797

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4167

 

 

 

 

first date: 8 November 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

Assigned to Canada Car & Foundry for wing modifications on 7 July 1944, but this was cancelled.  Category A crash on 15 July 1944, probably while ferrying to Amherst.  To No. 4 Repair Depot on 18 July 1944, for scrapping.

 

last date: 28 July 1944 - Struck off, reduced to spares and produce

11798

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4168

 

 

 

 

first date: 9 November 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst for wing modifications, 26 June to 1 July 1944.  To Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 25 April 1945.  Stored at No 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit, where it was pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Corporation for disposal

11799

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4169

 

 

 

 

first date: 9 November 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Moncton for wing modifications, 26 to 29 April 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage with No. 1 Training Command on 27 September 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 8 March 1946, still at Brantford.  To War Assets Corporation on 30 June 1947, but back to RCAF by 1949.  To cannibalization at No. 6 Repair Depot on 17 February 1953.  Pending disposal from 18 August 1953.  Sold to Amsco Products.

 

last date: 31 March 1954 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation.

11800

Avro

Canadian Car & Foundry, Amherst, NS

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

4170

 

 

 

 

first date: 10 November 1943 - Taken on strength by Eastern Air Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Moncton for wing modifications, 26 to 29 April 1944.  Back to Eastern Air Command when completed.  Category A crash on 7 August 1944, while with No. 1 General Reconnaissance School at Summerside, PEI.  To No. 4 Repair Depot on 31 August 1944, for scrapping.

 

last date: 8 September 1944. - Struck off, reduced to spares and components


This data has come from a variety of sources, and may contain all sorts of errors. In the future, I will add a complete list of references. For now, some recent Internet references can be found at the links below.  I would welcome any corrections or additions you may have. Contact me using the link below.


To main page

to RCAF 5 digit main page

to top of this page

contact me

Canadian Military Aircraft links 

Serial Number Links

About the Author 

The Project

2015 by R. W. R. Walker      All rights reserved under the copyright laws.
This is an amateur site - please don't rely on any of this data for anything important!
Created 24 March 2015. Updated 24 March 2015.