RAF Type A roundel

Canadian Military Aircraft
Serial Numbers
RCAF 12151 to 12200
Detailed List

click here for larger image

Image courtesy of Canada Air & Space Museum


back to main page

back to RCAF 5 digit main page

to bottom of page


 

Designer

Manufacturer

basic designation

variant or model

name

 

company designation

company number

 

 

 

12151

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 8 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First issued to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 7 to 16 June 1944.  To stored reserve with No. 3 Training Command when completed, issued from storage on 19 June 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls on 11 July 1945.  Classified as Instructional Airframe A467 on 9 April 1946, used at No. 2 Technical Training School at Camp Borden.  To storage with Central Air Command on 12 January 1949, still at Borden.  Noted as "location unknown" on 19 December 1961.

 

last date: 19 December 1961 - Last entry on Record Card, final fate unclear

12152

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. VA

 

 

652A

BRC-1061C?

 

 

 

 

first date: 8 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First issued to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 6 May 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command on 27 May 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To stored reserve on 23 March 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Noted with 1424:15 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  To civil register as CF-GIW.  Company number quoted above is from civil register records, does not appear to be regular MacDonald Brothers number.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12153

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

MDF-502

 

 

 

 

first date: 8 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First issued to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 9 Repair Depot for salvage on 22 March 1944.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for repairs, 12 November to 5 December 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945, still in storage.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Noted with 518:30 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946, still at Port Albert.  To civil register as CF-FRA, registered to Welland Aviation of Welland, Ontario by March 1947.  Received by this firm at Port Albert.  Sold to Algoma Air Services of Fort Erie, Ontario on 8 April 1947.  Sold to Servicios Aereos De Chiapas A. En. P. of Chile on 21 July 1947.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12154

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 9 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First issued to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 12 April 1944.  To No. 3 Training Command, BCATP account, on 1 May 1944.  Transferred to Western Hemisphere Organization account, but still with No. 3 TC, 16 May 1944.  Category C damage on 4 December 1944.  Back to BCATP account on 13 January 1945, noted then as converted to dual control.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Pending disposal from 4 April 1946, stored at RCAF Station St. Hubert, PQ.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 17 October 1946, noted then as being held as possible training aide for Air Cadet Squadron.  Used for Air Cadet summer camp familiarization flights at Camp Borden, Ontario from 11 June 1947.  Noted on 31 March 1949 with 1206:10 logged time.  Pending disposal again from 6 November 1950, stored at Camp Borden.

 

last date: 26 July 1951 - Written off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

12155

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 9 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First issued to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  Category B damage on 8 August 1944, while with No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To workshop reserve at No. 9 Repair Depot on that date.  Scrapped by No. 9 Repair Depot, without being repaired.

 

last date: 15 September 1944 - Written off, reduced to spares and produce

12156

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 10 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First issued to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 9 Repair Depot at St. Jean, PQ on 23 November 1943, following a crash.  To Canada Car & Foundry for crash repairs, 28 December 1943 to 12 July 1944.  Back to No. 9 AOS by 7 July 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.

 

last date: 11 December 1946 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12157

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 11 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First issued to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modification, 6 to 15 September 1944, then back to No. 3 TC.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  In stored reserve at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Summerside, PEI by 6 December 1945.  Pending disposal from 1 March 1946, on the books of Maintenance Command, still stored at Summerside.  To Eastern Air Command on 16 July 1946, still pending disposal.  Noted with 139:10 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 27 November 1946 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12158

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First issued to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications 26 July to 7 August 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Fitted with dual controls by 13 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 2 March 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Port Albert.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12159

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 12 December 1944 to 15 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command when completed.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946, when it was stored at Mountain View, Ontario.  Noted as fitted with low level bomb sight on 12 June 1946.  Still at Mountain View on 3 July 1946, and 20 May 1947.  To War Assets Corporation on 15 July 1947, but later returned to RCAF.  Noted in ready reserve At No. 6 Repair Depot on 14 March 1953.  Pending disposal from 22 December 1953.

 

last date: 18 June 1954 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

12160

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 15 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 4 to 20 October 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 11 July 1945.  To stored reserve with No. 1 Air command on 17 October 1946, pending possible use with Air Cadet squadrons.  To on 11 June 1947, used for Air Cadet familiarization flights that summer.  Noted on 15 August 1947 with 1586:00 logged time, never overhauled.  To storage on 3 March 1948, pending disposal instructions.  Noted on 31 March 1949 with 1586:45 logged time.  Pending disposal from 6 November 1950, stored at Camp Borden.

 

last date: 26 July 1951 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

12161

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 9 Repair Depot at St. Jean, PQ on 8 November 1944, for repainting.  Back to No. 3 Training Command on 18 November 1944.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications on 12 December 1944.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 9 May 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from March 1946, still at Brantford.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12162

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 12 to 26 December 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 5 March 1946, still at No. 5 REMU.  Noted with 1664:50 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12163

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 20 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 12 August to 11 September 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 14 April 1945.  Stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit, where it was pending disposal from 12 March 1946

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12164

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 27 September to 7 October 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 9 May 1945.  To storage on 4 September 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 9 March 1946, still at No. 4 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12165

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 28 July to 5 August 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 14 April 1945.  Stored at No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit, where it was pending disposal from 12 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12166

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 23 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 9 Repair Depot for redoping on 28 October 1944.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 12 to 26 December 1944.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 9 May 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from March 1946, still at No. 4 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12167

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 26 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications on 7 February 1945.  To Eastern Air Command on 6 April 1945, for use at No. 1 Reconnaissance and Navigation School.  To stored reserve on 2 January 1946, stored at Summerside, PEI.  Pending disposal from 1 March 1946, still at Summerside, on the books of Maintenance Command.  Back to Eastern Air Command books on 16 July 1946, still pending disposal.  Noted with 1249:10 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.  To civil register as CF-GMU.

 

last date: 27 November 1946 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12168

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 20 December 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 4 Training Command

 

To Aircraft Repair in Edmonton for main wing reinforcements, 23 March to 3 May 1944.  To storage with No. 2 Training Command when completed.  Issued from storage on 23 May 1944, for use by the Central Navigation School at Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  To No. 2 Air Command on 1 December 1944.  To storage on 1 October 1945.  Initially stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Fort McLeod, Alberta.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, when it was stored at the REMS at Pearce, Alberta.  To civil register as CF-GLY, operated by Chinook Flying Services.  Received enlarged freight door, used to support DEW Line construction in 1950s and 1960s.  Donated to Southern Alberta Institute of Technology as a training aide, reported destroyed in a fire while there.

 

last date: 20 August 1946 - Written off, to War Assets Corporation

12169

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 28 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 20 April to 4 May 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 9 May 1945.  To storage on 10 October 1945. Stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.  Passed to War Assets Corporation on 11 December 1946, but later returned to the RCAF.  One of a block of 36 Ansons sold to Austin Airways, de Havilland Canada, and Amsco Products of Hamilton.

 

last date: 11 January 1950 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12170

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 29 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 30 October to 12 December 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual control by 11 July 1945.  Pending disposal from 4 April 1946, stored at St. Hubert, PQ.  Back to stored reserve on 17 October 1946, to be used for Air Cadet training.  To Central Air Command on 11 June 1947, used for Air Cadet familiarization flights that summer.  Noted on 12 August 1947 with 1500:00 logged time, never overhauled.  Back to storage by 31 March 1948, noted then with 1500:45 logged time.  Pending disposal from 6 November 1950, when it was stored at Camp Borden, Ontario.

 

last date: 26 July 1951 - Written of, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

12171

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 30 September 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 12 April to 1 May 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To Western Hemisphere Organization books 1 June 1944 to 13 January 1945, then back to BCATP account.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Pending disposal from 4 April 1946, stored at St. Hubert, PQ.  Back to stored reserve on 17 October 1946, to be used for Air Cadet training.  To Central Air Command on 28 May 1947, used for Air Cadet familiarization flights that summer.  Based at Summerside in July 1947.  Noted on 18 September 1947 with 826:45 logged time, never overhauled, radio equipped.  Back to storage on 1 April 1948, noted then with 826:45 logged time, condition fair.  Pending disposal from 10 April 1949, when it was stored at Summerside, PEI.

 

last date: 20 September 1949 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12172

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V / VT

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 1 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 9 Repair Depot on 10 January 1944, for conversion to  Mk. VT target tug.  Back to No. 3 Training Command on 25 February 1944.  To No. 1 Training Command for operational trials on 4 May 1944.  Operated by Test & Development Establishment at RCAF Station Rockcliffe, Ontario from 2 November 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 7 to 19 February 1945.  Back to No. 1 Air Command when completed.  Pending disposal from 11 April 1946, when it was stored by No. 9 (T) Group at Rockcliffe.  Sold to Aircraft Industries of Montreal.  To Peruvian civil register as OB-QAH-202.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12173

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 2 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 21 April to 4 May 1944. Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 22 June 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 9 March 1946, still at No. 4 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12174

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 2 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 22 March to 1 April 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 9 Repair Depot on 16 October 1944 for repainting.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual control by 6 September 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario. Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.  Assigned to War Assets Corporation on 11 December 1946, but later returned to the RCAF.  Noted on 21 January 1949 as still stored at Jarvis.  Pending disposal again from 19 March 1949.  One of a block of 36 Ansons sold to Austin Airways, de Havilland Canada, and Amsco Products of Hamilton.

 

last date: 11 January 1950 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12175

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 4 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 7 to 23 September 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 9 Repair Depot on 16 October 1944 for repainting.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 9 May 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario. Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis. Assigned to War Assets Corporation on 11 December 1946, but returned to the RCAF by 1949.  One of a block of 36 Ansons sold to Austin Airways, de Havilland Canada, and Amsco Products of Hamilton.

 

last date: 1 January 1950 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12176

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 4 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  Noted as converted to wireless trainer on 18 December 1944.  To Canada Car & Foundry for wing modifications, 19 January 1945.  Noted as "modification cancelled" on 8 February 1945.  To No. 2 Air Command on 14 March 1945, noted as equipped with Marconi T1154/R1155 radios at that time.  To storage on 6 October 1945.  Pending disposal from 15 April 1946, when it was stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Brandon, Manitoba.

 

last date: 1 October 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12177

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 4 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 24 October to 1 November 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 11 July 1945.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946.  By 3 July 1946 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at Trenton.

 

last date: 24 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12178

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 4 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications 19 January to 2 February 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command when completed.  To storage on 18 April 1945.  to Eastern Air Command on 1 June 1945.  By 2 January 1946 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Summerside, PEI.  Pending disposal from 1 March 1946, still at Summerside.  To Eastern Air Command on 16 July 1946, still pending disposal.  Noted with 1249:20 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 27 November 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12179

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To workshop reserve at No. 9 Repair Depot on 23 March 1944, for salvage or repair.  Decision to repair by 13 May 1944.  To Canada Car & Foundry for wing modifications, 8 to 10 June 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  Converted to dual controls by 13 January 1945.  to No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Assigned to War Assets Corporation on 2 January 1947, but soon returned to RCAF.  In ready reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot on 4 March 1953.  Pending disposal from 22 December 1953.  Sold to Field Aviation of Oshawa.

 

last date: 18 June 1954 - Written off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

12180

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

BRC-1117C ?

 

 

 

 

first date: 6 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 7 February to 28 March 1945.  To Eastern Air Command when completed.  In stored reserve at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Summerside, PEI on 2 January 1946.  Pending disposal from 1 March 1946, on the books of No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit, still at Summerside.  On the books of Eastern Air Command from 16 July 1946, still pending disposal.  Noted with 1222:50 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.  To civil register as CF-GLA.  Still airworthy in 1953, with Arctic Wings.

 

last date: 27 November 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12181

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 6 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications 21 March 1944.  Back to No. 9 AOS on 2 November 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 22 June 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 9 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12182

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 7 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  This may have been one of three aircraft damaged at St. Jean on 14 March 1944, when a landing Anson suffered brake failure and crashed in to two parked Ansons.  To No. 9 Repair Depot on 22 March 1944 for salvage.

 

last date: 30 May 1944 - Struck off, reduced to spares and produce

12183

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 8 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 21 March to 2 April 1944.  Back to No. 9 AOS when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 6 September 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.  Assigned to War Assets Corporation on 11 December 1946, but soon returned to the RCAF.  On the books of No. 6 Repair Depot by 19 March 1949, still at Jarvis.  One of a block of 36 Ansons sold to Austin Airways, de Havilland Canada, and Amsco Products of Hamilton.

 

last date: 11 January 1950 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12184

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 9 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 28 March to 10 April 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 9 Repair Depot for repainting on 8 November 1944.  Back to No.3 TC on 18 November 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 6 September 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.  Assigned to War Assets Corporation on 11 December 1946, but soon returned to the RCAF.  On the books of No. 6 Repair Depot by 19 March 1949, still at Jarvis.  One of a block of 36 Ansons sold to Austin Airways, de Havilland Canada, and Amsco Products of Hamilton.

 

last date: 19 May(?) 1950 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12185

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 9 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 28 March to 10 April 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 9 Repair Depot for repainting on 21 October 1944, back to No. 3 Training Command on 2 November 1944.  To No. 2 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 22 June 1945, issued from storage on 10 July 1945.  Converted to Instructional Airframe A468 on 4 April 1946, used at Camp Borden.  Later identified as 468B.  The eventual fate of this aircraft is not clear.

 

last date: 19 December 1961 - Officially listed as "location uncertain"

12186

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 11 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 28 March to 10 April 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946, stored at Mountain View, Ontario.  Noted as fitted with low level bomb sight on 12 June 1946.  Back to stored reserve status on 3 July 1946, then back to pending disposal in May 1947, all at Mountain View.  Assigned to War Assets Corporation on 15 July 1947, but soon returned to the RCAF.  To cannibalization at No. 6 Repair Depot on 17 February 1953.  Pending disposal from 18 August 1953.  Sold to Amsco Products

 

last date: 31 March 1954 - Written off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

12187

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 30 October to 6 December 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946, stored at Mountain View, Ontario.  Assigned to War Assets Corporation on 2 January 1947, but soon returned to the RCAF.  Ready reserve status at No. 6 Repair Depot, Trenton on 14 March 1953.  Pending disposal from 22 December 1953.  Sold to Field Aviation of Oshawa.

 

last date: 18 June 1954 - Written off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

12188

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modification, 29 January 1945.  Listed as modifications completed on 9 May 1945, when it was placed in storage with No. 1 Air Command.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946.  Noted with 1234:05 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12189

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 13 October 1944 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 12 to 22 April 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed, issued from storage on 28 April 1944.  To No. 9 Repair Depot for re-doping on 28 October 1944, back to No. 3 Training Command on 6 November 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 22 June 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 6 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12190

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 12 to 22 April 1944.  To storage with No. 3 Training Command when completed, issued from storage on 28 April 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 6 September 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.

 

last date: 11 December 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12191

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 13 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 21 April to 4 May 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  Converted to dual controls by 9 May 1945.  To storage on 4 October 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Jarvis, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Jarvis.  Assigned to War |Assets Corporation on 11 December 1946, but soon returned to the RCAF.  Still stored at Jarvis in 1947.  One of a block of 36 Ansons sold to Austin Airways, de Havilland Canada, and Amsco Products of Hamilton.

 

last date: 11 January 1950 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12192

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 15 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 28 December 1944 to 16 January 1945.  To No. 1 Air Command when completed.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946, stored at Mountain View.  Assigned to War Assets Corporation on 2 January 1947, but soon returned to the RCAF.  Noted as ready reserve status at No. 6 Repair Depot on 4 March 1953.  Pending disposal from 22 December 1953.  Sold to Field Aviation of Oshawa.

 

last date: 18 June 1954 - Struck off to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

12193

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

MDF 1083

 

 

 

 

first date: 16 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 30 August to 11 September 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 17 April 1945, stored by No. 5 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 18 January 1946, still with No. 5 REMU.  Noted with 783:15 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.  Loaned to BOAC after passing to UK government ownership, apparently operated in North America, based at Dorval, registered as CF-DXK.  Sold to C.M. Berry of Montreal on 27 May 1948.  Sold to Queen Charlotte Airlines by June 1949.  Still airworthy in 1953.  Reported to civil register as CF-FZL, later sold in Ecuador, registration HC-SJK-011, but this may actually be ex RCAF 12483.

 

last date: 7 July 1947 - Free issue to United Kingdom Air Liaison organization

12194

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 8 December 1944 to 24 January 1945.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command when completed.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12195

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 8 to 26 December 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage on 16 February 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Port Albert, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 13 March 1946, still at Port Albert.

 

last date: 23 August 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12196

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 19 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 15 Aeronautical Inspection Detachment

 

To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 22 March to 1 April 1944.  Back to No. 3 Training Command when completed, for use by No. 9 Air Observers School at St. Jean, PQ.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To storage, 22 June to 10 July 1945, then back to No. 1 Air Command.  By 21 December 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Pending disposal from 9 March 1946, still at No. 4 REMU.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12197

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 20 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 29 January 1945.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 9 May 1945.  By 27 November 1945 on the books of Maintenance Command, stored at No. 4 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit at Brantford, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 9 March 1946.

 

last date: 30 June 1947 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12198

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 20 December 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 4 Training Command

 

To Aircraft Repair for wing modifications, 23 March to 3 May 1944.  To storage with No. 2 Training Command when completed.  Issued from storage on 23 May 1944, for use by Central Navigation School at Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  To No. 2 Air Command on 1 December 1944.  Converted to dual controls by 22 February 1945.  To storage on 1 October 1945.  Pending disposal from 15 April 1946, when it was on the books of Maintenance command, stored by No. 10 Repair Depot 1 October 1946 at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Brandon, Manitoba.

 

last date: 1 October 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation

12199

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 28 December 1944.  To storage with No. 1 Air Command on 16 January 1945.  Pending disposal from 5 April 1946, when it was stored at Mountain View, Ontario.  Noted on 12 June 1946 as fitted with low altitude bomb sight.  Back to stored reserve on 3 July 1946, then pending disposal again from 28 May 1947, all at Mountain View.  Assigned to War Assets Corporation on 16 July 1947, but soon returned to RCAF.  On the books of No. 6 Repair Depot on 4 March 1953.  Pending disposal at No. 6 RD from 22 December 1953.  Sold to Field Aviation of Oshawa.

 

last date: 18 June 1954 - Struck off to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

12200

Avro

MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg

Anson

Mk. V

 

 

652A

 

 

 

 

 

first date: 23 October 1943 - Taken on strength by No. 3 Training Command

 

First assigned to No. 8 Air Observers School at Ancienne Lorette, PQ.  Converted to wireless trainer by 18 December 1944.  To No. 1 Air Command on 15 January 1945.  To Canada Car & Foundry at Amherst, NS for wing modifications, 7 February to 28 March 1945.  To Eastern Air Command when completed.  To storage on 2 January 1946, stored at the Reserve Equipment Maintenance Satellite at Summerside, PEI.  Pending disposal from 1 March 1946, still at Summerside, on the books of No. 6 Reserve Equipment Maintenance Unit.  Back to Eastern Air Command on 16 July 1946, still pending disposal.  Noted with 1267:15 logged time, never overhauled, while in storage.

 

last date: 29 November 1946 - Struck off, to War Assets Disposal Corporation


This data has come from a variety of sources, and may contain all sorts of errors. In the future, I will add a complete list of references. For now, some recent Internet references can be found at the links below.  I would welcome any corrections or additions you may have. Contact me using the link below.


To main page

to RCAF 5 digit main page

to top of this page

contact me

Canadian Military Aircraft links 

Serial Number Links

About the Author 

The Project

2016 by R. W. R. Walker      All rights reserved under the copyright laws.
This is an amateur site - please don't rely on any of this data for anything important!
Created 27 March 2016. Updated 27 March 2016.