standard RCAF roundel Canadian Military Aircraft
Serial Numbers
RCAF/Army 16651 to 16692
Detailed List
click here for larger image
Photo courtesy of the Department of National Defense

back to main page
back to RCAF 5 digit main page
to bottom of page

Comments about company numbers
The company numbers listed here have come from Griffin's first book.   Subsequenty entries in the Canadian civil register make me wonder if they are all accurate, or if the same registration was used on different aircraft in some cases, but I have no other source to rely on.

 

Designer

Manufacturer

basic designation

variant or model

name

 

company designation

company number

 

 

 

16651

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2558 / TAY 475 T

 

 

 

 

first date: 15 May 1948 - Received at No. 6 Repair Depot

 

RAF serial VP628 assigned for first tests in UK.  Assembled at No. 6 Repair Depot.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft in Winnipeg, Manitoba on 25 November 1948 for radio installation.  Operated by Canadian Army.  Returned to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  Stored at RCAF Lincoln Park (Calgary, Alberta) on 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Ltd.  To civil register as CF-MMY.  Off register by 1976.  Appears to be later registered as C-FLWK, and now is owned by the RCAF Memorial Museum in Trenton, Ontario.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - To Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16652

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2576 / TAY 221 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 March 1948 - Received at MacDonald Brothers Aircraft.

 

RAF serial VP629 assigned for first tests in UK.  Assembled at MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg, Manitoba.  ATR-11 radio installed while there.  With No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba, from 20 May 1948 to 1949.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 134:20 airframe time when transferred.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in 1953 and 1954.  Stored at RCAF Station Lincoln Park (Calgary, Alberta) from 19 November 1954.  Returned by Army to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aviation.  To civil register as CF-KBV.  Off register by 1976.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16653

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2577 / TAY220 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 March 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP630 assigned for first tests in UK.  Assembled at MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg.  With No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba from 20 May 1948.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 157:25 airframe time on this date.  Returned from Army to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  In Storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park (Calgary), Alberta from 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aviation Ltd.  To civil register as CF-NQC, with A.J. Russell of Downsview, Ontario from 29 May 1963 to 24 April 1998, by which time it was registered as C-FNQC.  To D. Holtby of Utterson, Ontario on 21 September 1998.  Based at Muskoka, Ontario.  Registered as Beagle A.61.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16654

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2578 / TAY 215 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 March 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP631 assigned for first tests in UK.  Assembled by MacDonald Brother Aircraft in Winnipeg, who also installed an ATR-11 radio.  With No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba from 20 May 1948.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 100:20 airframe time on this date.  Operated by Canadian Army.  Returned to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  Stored at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta by 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Limited.  Registered as Beagle A.61 CF-FJM in 1976.  Off register by 1982.  Note that this registration had previously been used by ex 16658.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16655

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2579 / TAY 253 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 March 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP632 assigned for first tests in UK.  Assembled by MacDonald Brothers Aircraft in Winnipeg, who also installed an ATR-11 radio.  With No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba, 1948 to 1949.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 100:00 airframe time on that date.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in 1952 to 1954.  Stored at RCAF Lincoln Park (Calgary), Alberta from 19 November 1954.  Returned to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft.  To civil register as CF-KBW, owned by L. Cotte of Montreal, PQ in 1976.  Later registered as C-FKBW, owned by J. Blin of Beloeil, PQ from 17 August 1979.  Latest Certificate of Registration issued on 21 February 2003.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, transferred to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16656

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2580 / TAY 216 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 March 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP633 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by MacDonald Brother Aircraft in Winnipeg, who also installed an ATR-11 radio.  With No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba from 20 May 1948 to 1949.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 205:35 airframe time on this date.  Operated by Canadian Army, returned to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  Stored at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta from 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Ltd. of St. Jean, PQ.  To civil register as CF-LGM, reported sold in 1976.  Later registered as C-FLGM, to G. Walker et al, cancelled in 1985.  To W. Harder of Edmonton, Alberta, registration cancelled on 19 June 1986.  To Stan Reynolds Sales Ltd. of Wetaskiwin, Alberta on 18 January 1994.  Registration cancelled on that day, ownership transferred to Reynolds Aviation Museum.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16657

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2581 / TAY 222V

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 March 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP634 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by MacDonald Brother Aircraft in Winnipeg, who also installed an ATR-11 radio.  Transferred to Central Air Command at RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario on 13 April 1948.  By 31 March 1949 had 99:35 airframe time.  Category A crash, no details.

 

last date: 25 May 1949 - Struck off at No. 6 Repair Depot, Trenton.

16658

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2583 / TAY 219 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 March 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP635 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by MacDonald Brother Aircraft in Winnipeg, who also installed an ATR-11 radio.  To No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba from 20 May 1948.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 139:00 airframe time on this date.  Operated by Canadian Army, returned to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  Stored at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta from 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Limited.  To civil register as CF-FJM.  Reported sold in 1976.  This registration would later be used on ex 16654.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16659

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2583 / TAY 254 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 12 March 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP636 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by MacDonald Brother Aircraft in Winnipeg, who also installed an ATR-11 radio.  To No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba from 20 May 1948.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 129:55 airframe time on this date.  Operated by Canadian Army, returned to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  Stored at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta from 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Limited.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16660

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2584 / TAY 258 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 10 August 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP637 assigned for first tests in UK.  RAF serial VP628 assigned for first tests in UK.  Accepted at the Light Aircraft School, Canadian Joint Air Training Center, Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  To No. 10 Repair Depot on 18 February 1949, minus engine, for repairs following Category B crash.  Not repaired.

 

last date: 21 September 1949 - Struck off, reduced to spares and produce.

16661

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2585 / TAY 217 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 June 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP638 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by MacDonald Brother Aircraft in Winnipeg, who also installed an ATR-11 radio.  Had 3:35 airframe time when it arrived there.  With No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba from 21 October 1948.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 24:25 airframe time on this date.  To Canadian Army.  To No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba on 6 October 1950.  Overhauled on 21 May 1954, to RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta for storage.  Returned to RCAF on 25 January 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Ltd.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16662

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2586 / TAY 207 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 July 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP639 assigned for first tests in UK.  Accepted at No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 60:00 airframe time on this date.  To No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba on 29 January 1951.  Back to CJATC on 31 May 1951.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in 1952 to 1954.  Visited Grimshaw, Alberta on 24 September 1953.  In storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta by 19 November 1954.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Ltd.  To civil register as CF-XNF.  Owned by H.H. Bronsch of Sandspit, BC from 11 December 1969.  Later registered as C-FXNF.  This registration cancelled on 9 December 1998.  Preserved at British Columbia Aviation Museum, Victoria BC.  Undergoing restoration in 2005.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16663

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2587 / TAY 257 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 June 1948 - Taken on charge.

 

RAF serial VP640 assigned for first tests in UK.  Operated by Canadian Army.  Sold to Brampton Flying Club.  To civil register as CF-KJP.  Owned by M. Wagg of Midland, Ontario in 1976.  This registration later used by ex RCAF 16676, which see.

 

last date: 4 January 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16664

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2588 / TAY 267 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 10 August 1948 - Taken on charge.

 

RAF serial VP641 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by MacDonald Brother Aircraft in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  Had 48:25 airframe time on 1 April 1949.  Taken on charge at the Light Aircraft School CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in 1952 to 1954.  Carried ICAO registration VC-BVL at this time, marked on fuselage as "BV*L".  Visited Proctor Field, Camp Shiloh, Manitoba in these markings in January 1953.  Operated by Canadian Army.  To storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta by 19 November 1954.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Ltd.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal for sale.

16665

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2589 / TAY 259 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 June 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP642 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at No. 10 Repair Depot, RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  With No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba, 1948.  At MacDonald Brothers Aircraft in Winnipeg, Manitoba for radio installation from 25 November 1948 to 13 April 1949.  Returned to Light Aircraft School, at CJATC, Rivers Camp.  To storage at No. 6 Repair Depot on 30 August 1950.  Back to CJATC on 19 May 1954.  Stored at Rivers Camp from 9 October 1957.  Issued to Soaring Association of Canada at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba, to civil register as CF-KGZ.  Also reported as CF-MMY, later C-FLWK (also used for ex RCAF 16670), but not clear if this is the same aircraft.

 

last date: 14 February 1958 - Struck off and transferred, see comments.

16666

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2590 / TAY 255 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 June 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP643 assigned for first tests in UK.  Operated by Canadian Army.  Sold to the Brampton Flying Club.  To civil register as CF-LXT.  Owned by K.W. Rowe Limited of Owen Sound, Ontario in 1976.  Last Certificate of Registration issued on 3 May 1968, registration cancelled in 1993.

 

last date: 4 January 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16667

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2591 / TAY 268 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 July 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP644 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by MacDonald Brothers Aircraft in Winnipeg.  Had 76:40 airframe time on 1 April 1949.  To No. 10 Repair Depot on 17 April 1950, for cabin heater modification and installation of new silencer and flame damper.  To Central Experimental and Proving Establishment detachment at Suffield, Alberta on 7 August 1952.  Repainted on 17 December 1953.  To Tactical Air Command at Rivers Camp, Manitoba in January 1954.  With the Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in July 1954, when it visited Camp Wainwright, Alberta.  Stored at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta from 13 September 1955.  To Inactive Reserve on 15 February 1957.  Made available for disposal on 9 October 1957.  Sold to K. Hellman of Calgary, Alberta.  To civil register as CF-LIC.  Owned by M. Mobley of Kamloops, BC in 1976.  Later owned by Interior Soaring Association of Kamloops, their registration cancelled on 27 May 1982.  To D. Thomas of Kamloops, registration cancelled on 15 March 1990.

 

last date: 27 March 1958 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for disposal.

16668

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2596 / TAY 283 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 June 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP645 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  Stored there from 23 March 1949.  To Tactical Air Command at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba on 11 January 1954.  With Light aircraft School at Rivers Camp from May 1954, or earlier.  Stored at Rivers from 8 October 1957.  Issued to the Soaring Association of Canada at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba after being struck off.  To civil register as CF-MOE.  Off register by 1976.

 

last date: 4 (or 14?) February 1958 - Struck off

16669

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2597 / TAY 282 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 10 August 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP646 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at MacDonald Brothers Aircraft, Winnipeg, Manitoba.  First issued to the Light Aircraft School at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  Had 98:25 airframe time on 1 April 1949.  Operated by Canadian Army.  Returned to the RCAF on 24 January 1955.   Stored at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta by 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aviation Limited.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Development Corporation for sale.

16670

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2598 / TAY 300 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 11 August 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP653 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft in Winnipeg, Manitoba on 25 November 1948, for installation of an ATR-11 radio.  Back to storage at No. 10 RD on 23 February 1949.  Operated by Canadian Army.  Returned to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  In storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta from 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Limited.  To civil register as CF-LWK.  Owned by E. Traver of Fenwick, Ontario in 1976.  Later owned by F. Evans and T. Dietrich of Ontario, registration cancelled in 1985.  To P. Kelly of Kingston, Ontario in 1985, registration cancelled on 26 June 1986.  This registration later used by company number TAY475T, which is probably ex RCAF 16651.

 

last date: 9 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16671

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2599 / TAY 297 W

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 July 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP654 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft in Winnipeg, Manitoba on 25 November 1948, for installation of an ATR-11 radio.  Back to storage at No. 10 RD on 4 April 1949.  Operated by No. 1 AOP Flight at Camp Petawawa, Ontario from 5 May 1953.  In storage at No. 6 RD by 19 November 1954.  Sold to Brampton Flying Club.  To civil register as CF-LWA.  Owned by C.C. Armstrong of Port Credit, Ontario in 1976.  This registration cancelled on 21 December 1989.  To D. Van Vliet of Brampton, Ontario on 30 July 1993.

 

last date: 4 January 1956 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale

16672

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2600 / TAY 297 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 10 August 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP655 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by MacDonald Brother Aircraft in Winnipeg.  To No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  Transferred to Light Aircraft School, same base, when this unit disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 50:35 airframe time on this date.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp, 1952 to 1954.  Operated on skiis in January 1954.  Stored at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta from 18 November 1954.  Reclassified as inactive reserve on 5 February 1957.  Sold to K. Hellman of Calgary, Alberta.  To civil register as CF-LOE.  Owned by M.W. Compston of Calgary in 1976.  This registration cancelled on 22 November 1983.  To M. Hughes of Nipawin, Saskatchewan same month, as C-FLOE.

 

last date: 27 March 1958 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16673

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2851 / TAY 284 V

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 July 1948 - Taken on strength.

 

RAF serial VP656 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg for radio installation November 1948.  Completed on 23 March 1949, to storage at No. 10 RD.  Operated by Canadian Army at CJATC, RCAF Station Rivers, Manitoba.  With the Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in May 1953.  Transferred to Tactical Air Command on 11 January 1954.  Struck off and scrapped at Rivers Camp following a crash.

 

last date: 16 January 1957 - Written off after crash at CJATC.

16674

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2852 / TAY 844 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 July 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP657 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg for radio installation 17 November 1948.  Had 8:10 airframe time when it arrived.  Completed on 10 January 1949, to North West Industries in Edmonton for installation of wheel-skiis.  Written off at No. 10 RD after crashing on 12 January 1950.

 

last date: 25 January 1950 - Written off.

16675

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2853 / TAY 859 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 July 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP658 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg for radio installation on 25 November 1948.  Back to storage at No. 10 RD on 9 May 1949.  To Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp, Manitoba on 15 June 1949.  Loaned to Canadian Army on 15 June 1950.  Operated by No. 1 AOP Flight at Camp Petawawa, Ontario.  Stored at No. 6 Repair Depot from 9 November 1954.  Sold to Brampton Flying Club.  To civil register as CF-LPA.  Owned by L. Cotte of Montreal, PQ in 1976.  To R. Paradis of Brompton, PQ.  This registration cancelled on 22 August 1985.  To R. Gendron of Mascouche, PQ, registration cancelled on 2 March 1990.  To J-L. Arsenault of Repentigny, PQ, this registration cancelled on 14 April 1994.  To J. Brunet of Laval, PQ, this registration cancelled 1999.

 

last date: 4 January 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16676

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2854 / TAY 856 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 15 May 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP659 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at No. 6 Repair Depot, Ontario.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg, Manitoba for radio installation on 25 November 1948.  Completed on 31 January 1949, to No. 10 RD at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba for storage.  Operated by Canadian Army.  Returned to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  In storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta by 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aircraft Limited of St. Jean, PQ.  Later owned by D. Currie of Creemore, Ontario, registration CF-KJP cancelled 8 January 1991.  Note that this registration had previously been used by ex RCAF 16663.  To M. Belcher of Duntron, Ontario, same registration, cancelled 30 October 1992.  To D. Doersam of Winnipeg on this date, registration cancelled on 17 November 1999.  To Oakdale Drive Ranches Limited of Selkirk, Manitoba on 29 November 1999.  Latest Certificate of Registration issued on 29 May 2005.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16677

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2855 / TAY 858 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 15 May 1948 - Taken on charge.

 

RAF serial VP660 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at No. 6 Repair Depot, Ontario.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg, Manitoba for radio installation on 25 November 1948.  Completed on 23 February 1949, to No. 10 RD at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba for storage.  Transferred to Tactical Air Command at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba on 11 January 1954.  With the Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in July 1954.  At the LAS, on skiis, in January 1955.  In storage at Rivers Camp by 8 October 1957.  Sold to the Soaring Association of Canada, RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To civil register as CF-LSU.  Off register by 1976.

 

last date: 14 February 1958 - Struck off

16678

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2856 / TAY 843 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 15 May 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP661 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at No. 6 Repair Depot, Ontario.  Issued to MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg, Manitoba for radio installation on 25 November 1948, but suffered Category B crash on 26 November 1948.  Probably lost on ferry flight to Winnipeg.  Later reclassified as Category A.  Probably first Auster write off.  Scrapped at No. 6 RD.

 

last date: 6 December 1948 - Struck off after crash, see comments.

16679

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2857 / TAY 857 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 July 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP662 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg for radio installation on 25 November 1948.  Back to storage at No. 10 RD on 9 May 1949.  Transferred to Tactical Air Command on 11 January 1954.  With the Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in June 1954.  In storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta in 1955.  Sold to the Queen's University Gliding Club, Kingston, Ontario.  To civil register as CF-KFN.  Owned by W. Barraclough of Athens, Ontario in 1976.  Registration cancelled, aircraft reported sold, in 1982.

 

last date: 4 June 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16680

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2858 / TAY 869 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 July 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP663 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at MacDonald Brothers Aircraft in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  Operated by No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba until this unit was disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 113:30 airframe time on this date.  To storage at No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba on 29 January 1951, back to CJATC in May 1951.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in 1952 and 1953.  Visited Camp Shilo Gunnery Range on skiis on 6 and 16 January 1953.  At Camp Shiloh on wheels on 27 April 1953.

 

last date: 6 May 1954 - Struck off, reduced to spares and scrap.

16681

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2859 / TAY 866 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 10 August 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP664 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at MacDonald Brothers Aircraft in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  Operated by No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba until this unit was disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 70:10 airframe time on this date.  To North West Industries in Edmonton, Alberta on 14 March 1950, for installation of skiis.  To storage at No. 10 Repair Depot, RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba on completion on 4 July 1950.  "Made ready for allotment to field" on 5 February 1953.  To No. 1 AOP Flight at Camp Petawawa, Ontario on 5 May 1953.  To storage at No. 6 Repair Depot, Ontario on 19 November 1954.  Sold to the Brampton Flying Club.  To civil register as CF-KRF.  Off register by 1971.

 

last date: 4 January 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16682

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2860 / TAY 871 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 July 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP665 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg for radio installation on 25 November 1948.  To North West Air Command at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba on 10 September 1950.  Carried codes "OU*682" while at CJATC.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in 1952 and 1953.  Carried out leaflet raid on Wawanesa and Carberry, Manitoba on 18 June 1953.  Stored at RCAF Station Lincoln Park (Calgary), Alberta from 19 November 1954.  Available for disposal from 10 November 1955.  Sold to H. Norman Corporation of Campbellville, Ontario.

 

last date: 28 October 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16683

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2861 / TAY 867 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 June 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP666 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg for radio installation on 20 November 1948.  Operated by Canadian Army.  Returned to RCAF on 24 January 1955.  In storage, awaiting disposal, at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta from 10 November 1955.  Sold to Sigurdson Aviation Limited of St. Jean, PQ.

 

last date: 8 August 1957 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16684

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2862 / TAY 872 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 June 1948 - Taken on strength

 

RAF serial VP667 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg for radio installation on 25 November 1948.  To North West Industries at Edmonton, Alberta for installation of wheel -skiis on 10 March 1950.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp from January 1953, or earlier.  Used for prototype installation of hydraulic brakes on 8 April 1953.  Transferred to Tactical Air Command at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba on 24 September 1953.  With the Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in October 1954 to March 1955, or later.  In storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park (Calgary), Alberta from 17 November 1955.  Classified as inactive reserve on 5 February 1957.  Available for disposal from 9 October 1957.  sold to K. Hillman of Calgary, Alberta.  To civil register as CF-OMW.  Owned by Cu-Nim Gliding Club of Calgary in 1976.  Registration cancelled, and reported as sold, on 27 May 1982.

 

last date: 27 March 1958 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16685

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2863 / TAY 860 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 14 July 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP668 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected at MacDonald Brothers Aircraft in Winnipeg, Manitoba.  Operated by No. 444 (AOP) Squadron at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba until this unit was disbanded on 1 April 1949.  Had 28:25 airframe time on this date.  To storage at No. 10 Repair Deport at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba on 29 January 1951.  Back to CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba on 31 May 1951.  Crashed summer of 1951.

 

last date: 7 October 1952 - Struck off and scrapped after crash.

16686

Auster

 

Auster

A.O.P. Mk. VI

 

 

 

2864 / TAY 868 BJ

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 June 1948 - Taken on charge

 

RAF serial VP669 assigned for first tests in UK.  Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  To MacDonald Brothers Aircraft at Winnipeg for radio installation on 25 November 1948.  Completed 23 March 1949, returned to No. 10 RD for storage.  With No. 1 AOP Flight at Camp Petawawa, Ontario from 5 May 1953.  Scrapped at No. 6 RD, Ontario, after crash.

 

last date: 6 October 1953 - Struck off and scrapped.

16687

Auster

 

Auster

T. Mk. VII

 

 

 

TAY 991 EK

 

 

 

 

first date: 30 March 1951 - Taken on strength

 

Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  Issued to North West Air Command at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in 1952 and 1953.  Visited Birtle, Virden and Alexander, Manitoba on 17 March 1953, on cross country training flight.  To Winnipeg, Manitoba on 19 March 1953, on training flight.  Visited Grimshaw, Alberta on 28 September 1953.  Damaged in 1954, repairs completed 6 August 1954.  In storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park (Calgary), Alberta from that date.  Sold to Aviation Supplies and Accessories of Winnipeg, Manitoba.

 

last date: 29 June 1955 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16688

Auster

 

Auster

T. Mk. VII

 

 

 

TAY 992 EK

 

 

 

 

first date: 30 March 1951 - Taken on charge

 

Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  Issued to North West Air Command at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in 1952 and 1953.  Visited Camp Shiloh, Manitoba on 31 March and 12 May 1953.  To Banff, Alberta in May 1953, via Medicine Hat, Alberta; and Lethbridge, Alberta west bound, and Lethbridge; Red Deer, Alberta; Vermillion, Alberta; North Battleford, Saskatchewan; Saskatoon, Saskatchewan; and Regina, Saskatchewan east bound.  Crashed later in 1953.

 

last date: 23 September 1953 - Struck off and scrapped.

16689

Auster

 

Auster

T. Mk. VII

 

 

 

TAY 983 (or 993?) EK

 

 

 

 

first date: 16 April 1951 - Taken on charge

 

Erected by No. 10 Repair Depot at RCAF Station Gimli, Manitoba.  Issued to North West Air Command at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in 1952 to June 1955, or later.  Visited Yorkton, Saskatchewan on 27 August 1954.  In storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park (Calgary), Alberta by 13 September 1955.  Classified as inactive reserve on 5 February 1957.  Sold to Brampton Flying Club.  To civil register as CF-KPM.  Company number TAY 993 EK carried this registration in 1976, owned by G. Thomas and J. Murchie of Downsview, Ontario.  Off register by 1982.

 

last date: 26 May 1958 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16690

Auster

 

Auster

T. Mk. VII

 

 

 

TAY 140 ES

 

 

 

 

first date: 17 May 1951 - Taken on charge

 

Issued to North West Air Command at CJATC, Rivers Camp, Manitoba.  Radio installed on 12 May to 25 September 1953.  Transferred to Tactical Air Command at CJATC on 25 September 1953.  In use with Light Aircraft School at Rivers Camp in November 1953 to October 1955, or later.  Reported in storage at Rivers Camp from 9 October 1957.  Sold to J. Montgomery of Toronto, Ontario.  To civil register as CF-KLD.  Registered to Wiley Brothers Ltd. of St. Catharines, Ontario in 1976, as a Beagle A.61.  Their registration cancelled on 31 July 1995.  To the Canadian Warplane Heritage in Mount Hope, Ontario on this day.  Registration cancelled 19 December 2005, but aircraft is still in CWH Museum.

 

last date: 25 February 1958 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16691

Auster

 

Auster

T. Mk. VII

 

 

 

TAY 145 ES

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 July 1951 - Taken on strength

 

Delivered direct to storage at 25 AMB(?).  In storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park (Calgary), Alberta from 21 May 1954.  Sold to F. Halkow of Calgary, Alberta.  To civil register as CF-KYB.  This registration cancelled on 27 May 1982.  To R. James of Calgary, registration cancelled on 3 January 1985.  To W. Harder of Edmonton, Alberta, this registration cancelled on 29 January 1988.  To L2p Management of Calgary on 24 June 1988, this registration cancelled in 1998.

 

last date: 20 March 1958 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.

16692

Auster

 

Auster

T. Mk. VII

 

 

 

TAY 146 ES

 

 

 

 

first date: 27 July 1951 - Taken on charge

 

Delivered direct to storage at 25 AMB(?).  At RCAF Station Lincoln Park (Calgary), Alberta, available for disposal, by 29 October 1957.  Sold to Brampton Flying Club.  To civil register as CF-KPL.  Owned by J.D. McClure of Caledon, Ontario in 1976.  Registration cancelled in 1988.  Also reported as CF-KPJ?

 

last date: 26 May 1958 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation for sale.


This data has come from a variety of sources, and may contain all sorts of errors. In the future, I will add a complete list of references. For now, some recent Internet references can be found at the links below.  I would welcome any corrections or additions you may have. Contact me using the link below.

To main page to RCAF 5 digit main page
to top of this page
contact me Canadian Military Aircraft links  Serial Number Links About the Author  The Project
2006 by R. W. R. Walker      All rights reserved under the copyright laws.
This is an amateur site - please don't rely on any of this data for anything important!
Created 30 September 2006. Updated 30 September 2006.