standard RCAF roundel

Canadian Military Aircraft
Serial Numbers
RCAF 20200 to 20249


Detailed List

click here for larger image
Image of ex 20210 courtesy of 1000aircraftphotos.com

back to main page

back to RCAF 5 digit main page

to bottom of page


 

Designer

Manufacturer

basic designation

variant or model

name

 

company designation

company number

 

 

 

20200

North American

Noorduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 18 July 1951 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 42-12552.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FH165, had served in the RCAF during war time carrying this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 7 July to 28 August 1951.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta when completed.  Category C damage at Claresholm on 30 July 1953.  To Canadian Pacific Airlines Repairs on 21 December 1955, for modifications to electrical junction box and installation of tail wheel declutching.  Back to Claresholm on 19 March 1956.  To inactive reserve at Lincoln Park, Alberta on 25 October 1956.  Pending disposal from 22 June 1959.  Sold to Davis Enterprises of Edmonton.

 

last date: 18 October 1960 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20201

North American

Norduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 17 July 1951 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 43-12810.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FS969, had served in the RCAF during war time carrying this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 7 July to 28 August 1951.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta when completed.  To Canadian Pacific Airlines Repair at Calgary for tail wheel declutch and electrical box modifications on 21 December 1955 to 178 March 1956.  To storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta on 31 August 1956.  To workshop reserve at  Lincoln Park on 17 October 1956, for repairs, modifications, and inspection, reported serviceable on same date.  Back to Training Command at Claresholm on 4 June 1957.  To storage at Lincoln Park on 12 August 1958.  To Training Command on 2 December 1958, for use by No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw.  To storage at Lincoln Park on 17 March 1959.  Pending disposal from 18 December 1959, still at Lincoln Park.  Sold to Davis Enterprises of Edmonton.

 

last date: 18 October 1960 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20202

North American

Noorduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 17 July 1951 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 42-12531.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FH144, had served in the RCAF during war time carrying this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 17 July to 28 August 1951.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta when completed.  To Canadian Pacific Airlines Repair at Calgary for tail wheel declutch and electrical box modifications on 21 December 1955.  Noted at Claresholm on 4 January 1956 as missing radio compass.  To stored reserve at Lincoln Park on 31 August 1956.  To inactive reserve status at Lincoln Park on 14 January 1957.  Pending disposal from 22 June 1959, still at Lincoln Park.  Sold to Davis Enterprises of Edmonton.

 

last date: 18 October 1960 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20203

North American

Noorduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 17 July 1951 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 43-12517.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FS676, had served in the RCAF during war time carrying this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 17 July to 7 August 1951.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta when completed.  With No. 3 Flying Training School at Claresholm when it crashed on 24 January 1953.  F/O J. Scott killed.  To No. 25 Air Material Base on 5 February 1953, for scrapping.

 

last date: 5 February 1953 - Struck off, scrapped.

20204

North American

Noorduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 17 July 1951 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 43-12511.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FS670, had served in the RCAF during war time carrying this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 17 July to 7 August 1951.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta when completed.  Category B damage at Claresholm on 4 December 1951.  With No. 3 Flying Training School when it crashed at 23:48 local time on 21 April 1954.  F/O D.F. Boswell killed.

 

last date: 19 May 1954 - Struck off, reduced to spares and scrap

20205

North American

Noorduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 17 July 1951 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 42-12347.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FE860, had served in the RCAF during war time carrying this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 17 July to 7 August 1951.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta when completed.  To stored reserve at Lincoln Park on 31 August 1956.  To Canadian Pacific Airlines Repair at Calgary for tail wheel declutch and electrical box modifications on 21 December 1956.  Noted on 4 January 1957 as missing radio compass.  To inactive reserve status at Lincoln Park on 14 January 1957.  Pending disposal from 22 June 1959, still at Lincoln Park.  Sold to Davis Enterprises of Edmonton.

 

last date: 18 October 1960 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20206

North American

Noorduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 17 July 1955 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 42-12475.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FE988, had served in the RCAF during war time carrying this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 17 July to 7 August 1951.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta when completed.  To storage 13 January to 30 April 1954 at No. 25 Air Material Base, then back to Training Command.  To storage at No. 6 Repair Depot on 17 November 1954.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Moose Jaw on 2 May 1955.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 21 September 1955, for repairs.  To storage at Lincoln Park on 14 September 1956.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 15 November 1956 for modifications, inspection and repairs as required, then to serviceable reserve status on same date.  To Training Command at Claresholm on 14 June 1957.  To storage at Lincoln Park on 12 August 1958.  To Training Command on 3 December 1958, for use by No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw.  To inactive reserve at Lincoln Park on 17 March 1959.  Pending disposal from 18 December 1959, still at Lincoln Park.  Sold to Davis Enterprises of Edmonton.

 

last date: 18 October 1960 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20207

North American

Noorduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 17 July 1951 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 42-792.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FE595, used by RAF with this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 17 July to 28 August 1951.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta when completed.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 10 August 1955 for scrapping.  Engine salvaged and repaired.

 

last date: 10 August 1955 - Written off

20208

North American

Noorduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 17 July 1951 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 42-12409.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FE922, had served in the RCAF during war time carrying this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 17 July to 28 August 1951.  To Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta when completed.  To storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta on 31 August 1956.  Memo from Claresholm on 4 January 1957 stated aircraft was missing radio compass.  To inactive reserve status at Lincoln Park on 14 June 1957.  Pending disposal from 22 June 1959, still at Lincoln Park.  Sold to Davis Enterprises of Edmonton.

 

last date: 18 October 1960 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20209

North American

Noorduyn, Montreal

Harvard

2

 

 

first date: 17 July 1951 - Taken on strength at Aircraft Industries

 

Ex USAF AT-16, their serial 42-12334.  Also received Lend-Lease RAF serial FE847, had served in the RCAF during war time carrying this serial.  To Aircraft Industries for reconditioning and modifications, 17 July to 11 September 1951.  To Training Command when completed.  With No. 1 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Centralia when it crashed on 22 July 1954.  Flight Cadet L.H.L. Olsen killed.  Scrapped by No. 6 Repair Depot.

 

last date: 6 August 1954 - Written off, reduced to spares and scrap

20210

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-1

 

 

 

 

first date: 2 November 1951 - Taken on strength

 

First post war production Harvard.  Formally accepted on 26 October 1951, after 48 hours of manufacturer's test flying.  First assigned to Central Experimental & Proving Establishment.  To Rockcliffe detachment of CE&PE on 10 June 1952.  To Uplands detachment on 2 May 1957.  To Air Defence Command, along with CE&PE Uplands detachment, on 10 April 1961.  Pending disposal from 10 April 1961, still at Uplands.  Sold to National Research Council.  First registered as CF-PTP, was C-FPTP by 1985.  Still airworthy 2106.  Used by NRC on a wide variety of test programs, including crop spraying, air sampling, and flying photo chase for other test projects.

 

last date: 12 February 1964 - To Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20211

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-2

 

 

 

 

first date: 16 November 1951 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First Assigned to Training Command, for use by Flying Instructors School at RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario.  To Inactive Reserve status on 3 October 1958, stored by No. 6 Repair Depot at Dunnville, Ontario.  Listed for possible disposal on 27 July 1960.

 

last date: 22 December 1960 - Struck off

20212

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-3

 

 

 

 

first date: 24 October 1951 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First Assigned to Training Command, for use by Flying Instructors School at RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario.  To Air Defence Command on 14 December 1953, for use by No. 104 (Comm) Flight at RCAF Station St. Hubert, PQ.  To Aircraft Industries on 19 July 1954, for radio rewiring.  Back to Air Defence Command on 15 December 1954, used by Auxiliary Squadrons at Toronto.  To Air Transport Command on 3 September 1958, for use at RCAF Station Downsview, Ontario.  To workshop reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot at Trenton on 23 February 1959, for repairs.  To Training Command on 24 July 1959, for use at Penhold.  With No. 4 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Penhold, Alberta in 1959 and 1960.  Used by Course 5904, with students from Canada, Holland, Denmark and Norway.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 21 June 1960, for "necessary repairs".  To ready reserve status at Lincoln Park on 21 July 1960.  Pending disposal from 27 July 1960.

 

last date: 27 July 1960 - Struck off

20213

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-4

 

 

 

 

first date: 24 November 1951 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First Assigned to Training Command, for use by Flying Instructors School at RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario.  Still there in 1955, coded "GO*213".  To Inactive Reserve with No. 6 Repair Depot on 21 November 1963, stored at Dunnville, Ontario.  Pending disposal from 29 May 1964, still at Dunnville.  Sold to Muskoka Airways of Gravenhurst, Ontario.  To S. Mazara of Toronto 1968 to 1972, registered as CF-UUU.  To Canadian Warplanes Heritage Museum in Hamilton in 1973.  Last Certificate of Registration issued on 1997.  Still airworthy in 2016, carrying markings of Primary Flying Training School.

 

last date: 5 July 1965 - To Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20214

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-5

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 December 1951 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First Assigned to Training Command, for use by Flying Instructors School at RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario.  Noted on 5 December 1951 with radio compass installed, gyro gun sight not installed.  Category B damage at Trenton on 23 July 1953.  To Aircraft Industries Limited for repairs and overhaul, 6 August 1953 to 21 September 1954.  To storage at No. 6 Repair Depot when completed.  To workshop reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot, 30 December 1954 to 7 February 1955.  To Air Defence Command when work completed, for use by No. 104 Communication and Calibration Flight at RCAF Station St. Hubert, marked "TQ*214".  Received minor damage at St. Hubert in fall of 1955 when it taxied into a visiting RAF Canberra, probably from 139 Squadron.  To inactive reserve with No. 6 Repair Depot on 28 January 1959, assigned to storage at Dunnville, Ontario for "Harvard Survey".  To No. 11 TSU on 4 April 1963, forwarded to Timmins Aircraft for preparation and crating on the same day.

 

last date: 7 May 1963 - Free issue to Indian Air Force

20215

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-6

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 December 1951 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

Noted on 5 December 1951 as radio compass installed, gyro gunsight not installed.  First Assigned to Training Command, for use by Flying Instructors School at RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario, arriving at Trenton on 25 January 1952.  Collided with Harvard 20350 as both were landing at Trenton on 26 July 1957.  Both aircraft repaired and returned to service.  Scheduled for crating from 28 March 1957.  To workshop reserve at No. 6 Repair Depot for striking off, on 20 August 1957.

 

last date: 20 August 1957 - Struck off

20216

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-7

 

 

 

 

first date: 31 December 1951 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

Noted on 26 December 1951 as radio compass installed, gyro gunsight not installed.  First Assigned to Training Command, for use by Flying Instructors School at RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario, arriving at Trenton on 25 January 1952.  To storage at RCAF Station Lincoln Park, Alberta on 15 August 1958.  Back to Training Command on 2 December 1958, for use by No. 2 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.  Used by the Goldilocks demonstration team while at Moose Jaw.  Back to storage at Lincoln Park on 21 February 1961.  To inactive reserve status at Lincoln Park on 11 July 1961.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park, and then on to No. 6 Repair Depot, on 26 July 1962 for refinishing and modifications.  To Training Command on 22 August 1962, for use at the Flying Instructors School at Moose Jaw.  To storage at Saskatoon on 25 August 1964.  Pending disposal from 28 October 1964, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to Aviation Instruments Developments of McHenry, Illinois.  To R.E. Barnes of Oconomowoc, Wisconsin 1976 to 1990, registered as N7552U.  To J. Michaels of Oconomowoc July 1990 to 1995.  To Harvard Aeronautical Corp. of Wilmington, Delaware 11 November 1997 to 2001.  To Harvard Air LLC of Long Grove, Illinois 2001 to 2007.  To Hughes Air Corp. of Alberta 2007 to 2001, registered as C-GHRQ.  To Greg Squires of Alberta 2011 to 2013, registered as C-GSFF.  To G and O. Combret of Kaleden, BC in 2013, registered as CF-VNI.

 

last date: 31 May 1965 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

20217

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-8

 

 

 

 

first date: 21 December 1951 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  Noted on 26 December 1951 as radio compass installed, gyro gunsight not installed.  To workshop reserve at No. 25 Air Material Base for modifications, 18 December 1953 to 15 February 1954.  To storage at 25 AMB when completed.  To Training Command on 30 April 1954.  To RCAF Station Trenton on 6 March 1958.  To storage at Dunnville, Ontario on 9 September 1958.  To Training Command on 1 August 1962, for use at No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold, Alberta.  To storage at Saskatoon on 26 November 1964.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to Midgett Fisheries and Resorts Ltd. Of Buffalo Narrows, Saskatchewan, registered as CF-CVM.  To R.M. Ruelling of Hay River, NWT 1969 to 1973.  Various Canadian owners 1973 to 1991.  To V. Stottlmyer of Wauwatosa, Wisconsin on 23 August 1991, registered as N47217.  Still airworthy in 2001.

 

last date: 8 August 1966 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

20218

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-9

 

 

 

 

first date: 21 December 1951 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.  Noted on 26 December 1951 as radio compass installed, gyro gunsight not installed.  With the Air Gunnery School, coded "KL*B", dates not known.  To storage at Saskatoon on 25 August 1964.  Pending disposal from 28 October 1964, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to Mr. F.L. Binns of Ohio.  To US civil register as N4288C, various US owners.  Registered as N91AM by 1990, reported airworthy in 2001.  Last reported sale 2006, to B. Snowden of San Ramon, California.

 

last date: 29 January 1965 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

20219

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-10

 

 

 

 

first date: 21 December 1951 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.  Noted on 26 December 1951 as radio compass installed, gyro gunsight not installed.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park for repairs, 24 August 1956.  To storage at Lincoln Park on same date.  Back to Training Command on 24 August 1956, for use at Moose Jaw.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 11 June 1957, for strike off.

 

last date: 11 June 1957 - Struck off

20220

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-11

 

 

 

 

first date: 11 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  With No. 2 Advanced Flying School at RCAF Station Portage la Prairie when it suffered a Category A crash on 17 March 1953.  Scrapped at Portage.

 

last date: 31 March 1953 - Struck off, scrapped

20221

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-12

 

 

 

 

first date: 11 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  With No. 2 Advanced Flying Training School when it crashed on 27 May 1953.  P/O R.W. Moody and P/O J.H. Mosely killed.

 

last date: 27 June 1953 - Struck off, scrapped

20222

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-13

 

 

 

 

first date: 11 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To storage at Saskatoon on 18 August 1964.  Pending disposal from 10 November 1964, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to Forhart and Daniel of Avondale, Arizona.  No history of US registration.  Stored at Mesa, Arizona in 1978, disassembled.  With Pima Air Museum at Tucson, Arizona by 1983, still there in 1999.

 

last date: 23 June 1965 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20223

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-14

 

 

 

 

first date: 24 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First Assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 22 August 1960.  To ready reserve status at Lincoln Park on same date.  Pending disposal at Lincoln Park, date unclear, may be 27 October 1960.  Struck off at Lincoln Park.

 

last date: 22 December 1960 - Struck off

20224

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-15

 

 

 

 

first date: 24 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First Assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  With No. 2 Advanced Flying Training School when it crashed on 20 (or 22?) February 1952, probably due to loss of control during unauthorized aerobatics at low altitude by student pilots.  F/O J.H. Wood and P/O J.M. Simmons killed.

 

last date: 4 March 1952 - Struck off

20225

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-16

 

 

 

 

first date: 24 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To inactive reserve status at Lincoln Park on 1 December 1959.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 2 February 1959, for necessary repairs.  To stored reserve at Lincoln Park on same date.  To Training Command on 22 March 1960, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Penhold, Alberta.  To storage at Lincoln Park 12 February to 9 April 1962, then back to No. 4 FTS at Penhold.  To active reserve at Penhold on 1 June 1965.  To storage at No. 1005 Technical Service Detachment at Saskatoon on 26 July 1965.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to Rays Flying Service of Saskatoon.  Sold to 20th Century Fox Film Corp. of Hollywood, California in 1969, registered as N15796.  Used as a Zero replica in 1968 movie Tora Tora.  To Tallmantz Aviation of Orange County, California  in 1971.  Several subsequent owners.  Still airworthy in 2001, still configured as Zero replica.

 

last date: 25 March 1968 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20226

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-17

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 February 1952 - Taken on strength at Canada Car & Foundry at Fort William

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba, but soon transferred to No. 2 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.  To storage at Lincoln Park on 19 March 1959.  To inactive reserve status at Lincoln Park on 11 August 1960.  To active reserve at Calgary on 27 February 1963.  Back to inactive reserve on 10 September 1963.  Pending disposal from 6 May 1964, still at Calgary.  Sold to Chesapeake Airways Service Corp. of Salisbury, Maryland.

 

last date: 8 June 1965 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20227

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-18

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 10 September 1958, to complete VHF harness rewiring.  To inactive reserve at Lincoln Park on 19 November 1958.  To workshop reserve, then to storage at Lincoln Park on 2 February 1959.  To Training Command on 22 March 1960, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Penhold, Alberta.  Category B damage while at Penhold, apparently not repaired.

 

last date: 17 March 1961 - Struck off at Lincoln Park

20228

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-19

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  Soon transferred to RCAF Station Clinton, Ontario.  Classified as instructional Airframe 619B at Clinton, on 30 July 1959.  Pending disposal from 9 May 1962, still at Clinton.  Sold to Chesapeake Airways Service Corp. of Salisbury, Maryland.  Owned by G.H. Baker of New Smyrna Beach, Florida 1985 to 1995, registered as N24GB.  Converted to Wirraway replica with this owner.  Soon in RAN markings, with 3 bladed prop.  Registered as N42BT to B.M. Terrell of Anthony, New Mexico on 2000.  To B. Austin of Sparta, Tennessee in 2014.

 

last date: 13 August 1963 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20229

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-20

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To inactive reserve at Lincoln Park on 19 November 1958.  To workshop reserve and then to stored reserve at Lincoln Park on 2 February 1959.  To Training Command on 11 March 1960, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Penhold, Alberta.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Service Detachment at Saskatoon on 17 November 1964.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to D. MacClover and A. Van Den Haan of Vancouver, BC, registered as CF-UVN.  To C. Helms of Jettmore, Kansas in 1992, registered as N1264.  Sale reported to FAA in 2006.

 

last date: 3 June 1966 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20230

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-21

 

 

 

 

first date: 22 January 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  With No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw when it suffered a Category A crash on 13 April 1956.  Scrapped at RCAF Station Lincoln Park.

 

last date: 24 April 1956 - Struck off, reduced to spares and scrap

20231

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-22

 

 

 

 

first date: 29 January 1952 - Taken on strength by Training Command

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To workshop reserve and then to storage at Lincoln Park, on 5 January 1959.  Back to Training Command on 22 March 1960, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Penhold, Alberta.  To inactive reserve at Calgary on 2 December 1963.  Noted on 29 January 1964 as to be held at Calgary pending disposal instructions.  Pending disposal from 6 May 1964, still at Calgary.  Sold to D. Revie of Cranbrook, BC, registered as CF-RUV.  This registration cancelled by 1976.

 

last date: 17 November 1964 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20232

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-23

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 17 July 1952, then back to Training Command same day for use by No. 3 Flying Training School at Claresholm, Alberta.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 17 July 1957, for crash repairs.  To inactive reserve at Lincoln Park on 15 August 1958.  Back to Training Command on 17 November 1958, for use by No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw.  To storage at Lincoln Park on 21 February 1961.  Back to Training Command on 11 April 1962, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Service Detachment at Saskatoon.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to 20th Century Fox Corp. of Beverly Hills, California.  With The Confederate Air Force of Harlingen, Texas in 1976, registered as N2048.  To American Airpower Museum of Midland, Texas in 2006.

 

last date: 18 August 1967 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20233

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-24

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  Later transferred to No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw.  To Flying Instructors School at Moose Jaw on 26 August 1959.  To ready reserve at Calgary on 25 June 1953.  AFHQ memo of 5 November 1963 reported that this aircraft was being considered for disposal.  Pending disposal from 6 May 1964, still at Calgary.  Sold to Transair Ltd. Of Winnipeg.

 

last date: 18 February 1965 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20234

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-25

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 21 September 1955, for repairs as necessary.  To inactive reserve at Lincoln Park on 2 December 1958.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 2 February 1959 for repairs as necessary, then to storage there on same date.  Back to Training Command on 8 April 1960, for use at RCAF Station Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 28 August 1961, then to storage there on 19 September 1961.  To 6 Repair Depot for crating on 3 April 1963.

 

last date: 13 May 1963 - Free issue to Indian Air Force

20235

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-26

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 5 November 1956, for replacement of wing centre section, propeller, and undercarriage up locks.  This probably followed a crash.  To North West Industries in Edmonton on 20 November 1957, for "rectification of unsatisfactory flying characteristics".  To Training Command on 18 February 1958, for use by No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw.  To inactive reserve on 19 November 1958, stored at Claresholm, Alberta.  Noted on 27 July 1960 as to be held for future use as an instructional aid or a display aircraft.  To Lincoln Park on 22 December 1960 for strike off.

 

last date: 22 December 1960 - Struck of

20236

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-27

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  Later with No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw.  To Flying Instructors School at Moose Jaw on 26 August 1959.  To No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold on 4 January 1964.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Services Detachment at Saskatoon on 2 October 1964.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to G. Provencher of Trois Rivieres, PQ.  To J. M. Carefoot of Brantford, Ontario in 1968, registered as CF-GUY.  Marked as C-FGUY by 2000.  Seen at Oshawa, Ontario in June 2006.  Last registered owner is G. Charebois of La Prairie, PQ, from June 2007.  Based at St. Hubert, in full RCAF markings.  Still active 2008.

 

last date: 21 February 1966 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20237

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-28

 

 

 

 

first date: 7 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To Tactical Air Command on 30 October 1953, for use by an Auxiliary Squadron.  To Air Defence Command on 23 November 1953, for use by No. 403 Squadron (Auxiliary) at Calgary.  To Training Command on 21 November 1956, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold.  To workshop reserve at Penhold on 5 December 1958.  To Lincoln Park on 19 December 1958 for strike off.

 

last date: 19 December 1958 - Struck off

20238

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-29

 

 

 

 

first date: 7 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To Tactical Air Command on 30 October 1953, for use by an Auxiliary Squadron.  To Air Defence Command on 23 November 1953, for use by No. 403 Squadron (Auxiliary) at Calgary.  Coded "PR*238" while with this Squadron.  To Training Command on 21 November 1956, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold.  Still with No. 4 Flying Training School when it crashed on 30 April 1957.  Flight Cadet R.M. Close killed.

 

last date: 14 May 1957 - Struck off

20239

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-30

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 21 May 1957 for repairs following a Category B crash.  To Training Command on 22 November 1957, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold.  To active reserve status at Penhold on 12 February 19623, back to No. 4 FTS on 9 April 1962.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Services Detachment at Saskatoon on 22 March 1965.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to G.E. Isaak of Tucson, Arizona, registered as N626N.  Destroyed in a crash near Chandler, Arizona on 8 April 1972, while performing aerobatics.

 

last date: 27 February 1968 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20240

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-31

 

 

 

 

first date: 18 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To Inactive Reserve status at No. 6 Repair Depot on 9 September 1958.  To workshop reserve at No. 6 RD on 22 September 1959, for inspection and repairs.  To Training Command on 11 March 1960, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Penhold, Alberta.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Service Detachment at Saskatoon on 2 October 1964.  Pending disposal from 21 January 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to Forhart and Daniel of Avondale, Arizona.  Registered as N20240 to E.L. Farnsworth of Paonia, Colorado in 1977.

 

last date: 23 June 1965 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20241

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-32

 

 

 

 

first date: 29 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit at Fort William

 

First assigned to No. 4 Flying Training School at Calgary.  To North West Industries in Edmonton for de-magnetization on 18 July 1952.  To storage at No. 25 Air Material Base on 28 November 1952.  To Training Command on 3 July 1953, for use by Flying Instructors School at RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario.  Category A crash near Trenton on 11 October 1955.  Scrapped by No. 6 Repair Depot.

 

last date: 25 October 1955 - Struck off, reduced to spares and scrap

20242

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-33

 

 

 

 

first date: 29 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit at Fort William

 

First assigned to RCAF Station MacDonald, Manitoba.  To Inactive Reserve status at Lincoln Park on 15 August 1958.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 26 November 1958.  Back to Training Command on 9 December 1958, for use by No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan.  To Flying Instructors School at Moose Jaw on 26 August 1959.  To Active Reserve status at Lincoln Park on 21 February 1961, then to storage at Lincoln Park on 28 August 1961.  Back to Training Command on 9 April 1962, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold, Alberta.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Service Detachment at Saskatoon on 17 November 1964.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to F.N. Swan of Sault St, Marie, Ontario, registered as CF-WPK.  Various Canadian owners since.  With the Canadian Harvard Aircraft Association in Tillsonburg, registered C-FWPK.  Visited Toronto Aerospace Museum in May 2006, for Chipmunk fly-in.  On display at CFB Trenton air show in July 2009.

 

last date: 30 August 1967 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20243

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-34

 

 

 

 

first date: 29 February 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit at Fort William

 

First assigned to Training Command at Calgary, for use by No. 4 Service Flying Training School.  With No. 4 Flying Training School at RCAF Station Penhold, Alberta in 1959 and 1960.  Used by Course 5904, with students from Canada, Holland, Denmark and Norway.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Service Detachment at Saskatoon on 12 January 1965.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to A. Knutson on Elbow, Saskatchewan, registered as CF-VYF.  Sold to W.N. Watson of Camrose Alberta in 1981, by then registered as C-FVYF.  To D. Watson of Camrose in 2011, latest Certificate of Registration issued on 3 March 2015.

 

last date: 26 June 1967 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20244

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-35

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 March 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit at Fort William

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta.  To No. 10 Technical Support Unit, and then to North West Industries in Edmonton on 7 May 1956, for investigation of unusual flying characteristics.  Back to Training Command on 20 June 1956, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold, Alberta.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Service Detachment at Saskatoon on 12 January 1965. Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to N. Longe of Rosser, Manitoba, registered as CF-WPM.  Several Canadian owners, eventually registered as C-FWPM.  To Milson Enterprises of Cedar Hill, Texas in 1998, registered as N244SM

 

last date: 15 August 1967 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20245

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-36

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 March 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit at Fort William

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 27 April 1956, for repairs following a Category C crash.  Back to Training Command on same date, for use by No. 3 Flying Training School at Claresholm.  To RCAF Station Trenton, Ontario on 6 March 1958.  To inactive reserve with No. 6 Repair Depot on 9 September 1958, stored at Dunnville, Ontario.  To No. 6 Repair Depot on 3 April 1963, then to Timmins Aircraft the next day, for crating.

 

last date: 7 May 1963 - Free issue to Indian Air Force

20246

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-37

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 March 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit at Fort William

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta, delivered there on 4 April 1952.  To inactive reserve status at Lincoln Park on 15 August 1958.  Back to Training Command on 19 November 1958, for se by No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw.  To active reserve at Lincoln Park on 21 February 1961/  To inactive reserve status at RCAF Station Calgary, Alberta on 11 July 1961.  Pending disposal from 6 May 1964, still at Calgary.  Sold to Chesapeake Airways Service Corp. of Salisbury, Maryland.

 

last date: 8 June 1965 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20247

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-38

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 March 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit at Fort William

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta, delivered there on 27 March 1952.  To workshop reserve status at Lincoln Park on 29 May 1957, for repairs.  Back to Training Command at Claresholm on 7 November 1957.  To inactive reserve status at Lincoln Park on 15 August 1958.  Back to Training Command on 17 November 1958, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold, Alberta.  To ready reserve status at Lincoln Park on 20 January 1959.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 23 February 1959.  Back to Training Command on 11 March 1960, for use by No. 2 Flying Training School at Moose Jaw.  To No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold on 4 June 1964.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Service Detachment at Saskatoon on 2 October 1964.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Reported on Canadian register as CF-UZO, but not confirmed.  Sold to Bell Aircraft Sales of Whittier, California.   US civil register as NX1811B.  Stored at Chino, California 1964 to 1978.  Major restoration completed in 1989, when aircraft flew for the first time since 1965.  Seen at Lone Star Flight Museum in Houston, Texas in 2006.  Listed for sale on the Internet in September 2011, for US$185,000.  Had 6846 hours total time, 327 since major overhaul.

 

last date: 28 February 1966 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20248

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-39

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 March 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit at Fort William

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta, delivered there on 27 March 1952.  Used by No. 3 Service Flying Training School, coded "MZ*248".  To inactive reserve status at Lincoln Park on 15 August 1958.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 2 February 1959 for repairs.  To stored reserve at Lincoln Park on same date.  To inactive reserve at Lincoln Park on 11 August 1960, back to active reserve status on 22 October 1962.  To stored reserve at Lincoln Park on 6 December 1962.  Back to Training Command on 15 March 1963, for use by No. 4 Flying Training School at Penhold.  To storage with No. 1005 Technical Services Detachment at Saskatoon on 17 January 1965.  Pending disposal from 26 November 1965, still at Saskatoon.  Sold to M.E. Wilkey of Phoenix, Arizona.  Registered as N1465 to J.C. Alden of Manhattan Beach, California in 1967.  Sold to T.K. Buehn of Arizona in 2012, still active in 2014.

 

last date: 21 July 1967 - Struck off, to Crown Assets Disposal Corporation

20249

North American

CC&F, Fort William

Harvard

4

 

 

 

CCF4-40

 

 

 

 

first date: 5 March 1952 - Taken on strength by No. 11 Technical Services Unit at Fort William

 

First assigned to Training Command at RCAF Station Claresholm, Alberta, delivered there on 4 April 1952.  To workshop reserve at Lincoln Park on 23 April 1958, for replacement of rear fuselage, fin, rudder and elevators.  Back to Training Command on 8 July 1958.  Note that the aircraft carrying this serial in Holland from c.2005, registered as PH-KLU, is actually an ex RNAF Mk. IIB, XS-249.

 

last date: 28 April 1960 - Struck off


This data has come from a variety of sources, and may contain all sorts of errors. In the future, I will add a complete list of references. For now, some recent Internet references can be found at the links below.  I would welcome any corrections or additions you may have. Contact me using the link below.


To main page

to RCAF 5 digit main page

to top of this page

contact me

Canadian Military Aircraft links 

Serial Number Links

About the Author 

The Project

2016 by R. W. R. Walker      All rights reserved under the copyright laws.
This is an amateur site - please don't rely on any of this data for anything important!
Created 8 June 2016. Updated 8 June 2016.